What are you reading? V1

Forge

On 3/12/2023 at 11:26 PM, Ty21 said:

So the Harry Potter books rereleased 4 different ways, styled after each hogwarts house. They’re really trying every possible way to make money off these books forever 

Maybe the ravenclaw ones would at least be readable

Almost done with Red Dragon for the second time. It’s unbelievable that Thomas Harris has only published 6 books total (with his first one having been in 1975) considering how great Red Dragon, The Silence of the Lambs, and Hannibal are.

Edited by JohnChimpo

Finally got to a point where I can read some fiction again.  Just started Ringworld.

Also ran into a haul of John Gardner books at McKay's, which I'm excited about.  Gardner isn't particularly widely read outside of medieval literature scholarship, but one of his books is.  He wrote Grendel, which is one of my all time favorite books, which I will be very excited to read to my daughter when she's old enough to be read to.  But he wrote a bunch of other novels that are no longer in print.  Freddy's Book will likely be the next on the list once I wrap up Ringworld.

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

Finished my list of Stephen King books I wanted to get through and this is how I would rank them.

The Green Mile

Misery

IT

Carrie

Pet Semetary

The Shinning

The Mist

Salems Lot

I’d probably have the same order but I haven’t read Carrie or green mile. The mist is only good in the movie adaption and salems lot is the most overhyped garbage he’s written. 

2 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Finished my list of Stephen King books I wanted to get through and this is how I would rank them.

IT

Carrie

Pet Semetary

Salems Lot

Those are the one's I have read of his from your list. The only thing I would probably do is flip Pet Semetary and Carrie. Also glad to see I am not the only one lowest on SL. 

Right now my order of SK books that I have read:

It

The Outsider (yes the 2nd half is iffy, but I think the first half of the book is incredible)

The Stand

Thinner

Fairy Tale

Revival

Pet Semetary

Carrie

Salem's Lot

Joyland

Billy Summers

Dark Tower (absolutely hated this)

10 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

For the record, I used ChatGPT to recommend some books. It was kinda cool. You can specifically tell it to avoid the bestseller list too. 

It recommended Powder Mage trilogy for me which I hadn't heard of. Bought the first book so I'll report back if it was a good rec.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Right now my order of SK books that I have read:

It

The Outsider (yes the 2nd half is iffy, but I think the first half of the book is incredible)

The Stand

Thinner

Fairy Tale

Revival

Pet Semetary

Carrie

Salem's Lot

Joyland

Billy Summers

Dark Tower (absolutely hated this)

Needful Things is my favorite by far