What are you reading? V1

Forge

21 hours ago, Daniel said:

Finally got to a point where I can read some fiction again.  Just started Ringworld.

Oh man.  This is not the sci fi book I thought it was.  Really tropey, really pulpy, and the protagonist is described as "looking like an oriental."  Gonna finish it, because it's a really easy read, but oof.

9 hours ago, Malfatron said:

That would be a CMC sized book

Plenty of his books are short.  They just feel long.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you guys have the same issue I have? I tend to buy way more books than I read so my stockpile is continually growing. I just bought 6 more books from Thriftbooks.com about 5 minutes ago (the rest of the GoT series and I'm going to jump into the Aubrey-Maturin series for real this time). I still have several other series to read that I've purchased in the past along with some standalone books but I always find myself going long stretches without picking up a book. 

When I do read, I'll knock out a full book or two in a sitting (so that makes it hard to want to read after work knowing how I am), but I go in severe spells where I don't read enough. I need to fix that otherwise I'm going to keep adding to my collection and I'll never get around to reading them all. I think I need to get a proper bookshelf (all my stuff is sorted in bins or just randomly in a dresser drawer) and sort it out by read and not read and work my way through my stuff.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2023 at 10:13 PM, beekay414 said:

Do you guys have the same issue I have? I tend to buy way more books than I read so my stockpile is continually growing. I just bought 6 more books from Thriftbooks.com about 5 minutes ago (the rest of the GoT series and I'm going to jump into the Aubrey-Maturin series for real this time). I still have several other series to read that I've purchased in the past along with some standalone books but I always find myself going long stretches without picking up a book. 

When I do read, I'll knock out a full book or two in a sitting (so that makes it hard to want to read after work knowing how I am), but I go in severe spells where I don't read enough. I need to fix that otherwise I'm going to keep adding to my collection and I'll never get around to reading them all. I think I need to get a proper bookshelf (all my stuff is sorted in bins or just randomly in a dresser drawer) and sort it out by read and not read and work my way through my stuff.

Don’t think I’ve ever read a book in an entire sitting. Most I’ve read in a day is about 200 pages.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2023 at 9:13 PM, beekay414 said:

Yes, my problem is that except for thrillers, I can’t really devour books quickly and lose interest eventually or see something else I like and end up continuously buying new books. I have read so many books 1/4 to 1/2 way through.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

Yes, my problem is that except for thrillers, I can’t really devour books quickly and lose interest eventually or see something else I like and end up continuously buying new books. I have read so many books 1/4 to 1/2 way through.

Yep. I'll be in the middle of reading a series and see a whole new series and do the whole "ooooh I need that" or I'll go see a movie and then buy the auto biography of the person that I just saw the biopic of. I need a god damn bookshelf lol.

• Like 1