The Good. The Bad. The UGLY. Week 4 Chiefs

Ghostnote

The Good:

1. Pryor caught a TD pass even though he pushed off

2. The offensive line played well in pass protection. 

3. Jordan Reed was not injured. 

4. The defense has a lot of strength to it. 

5. No turnovers. 

6. Vernon Davis. 33 and still has wheels and moves. 

7. Zach Brown. Can we sign this dude NOW. 

8. D.J. Swearinger, Montae Nicholson, Breeland (Read Below)

The Bad:

1. Penalties. 

2. Injuries. OMG Injuries. 

3. Pryor has so much potential but his hands are such an issue.

4. Doctson has to come down with that ball. We win if he does. 

5. The run game. Absolutely abysmal. Perine has no vision and the line has no push. Mack Brown, why please and thank you.

6. Breeland - Situational Awareness. Hands to the face at the worst times. 

7. No containment on Alex Smith. 

8. Travis Kelce - he is a dominant TE for a reason folks. 

The UGLY:

1.The injuries.

2. The Penalties. 

3. The run game. 

4. Josh Doctson catch in the endzone to win the game. 

5. Watching Spencer Long pull for Chris Thomspon. 

6. Travis Kelce dancing after his TD. 

7. The Lateral plays at end of the game. Just run the ball or throw it. I dont care if you just punted the ball out of bounds. 

8. Time of Possession. That absolutely sucked. It killed our defense. But. We were still in it. Read point 4. 

Thoughts?

Just the good because injuries you can't help and penalties I hope we can fix.

This team has fight man, like we have not seen since the times when we had to win 5 straight games in 2007 to make the playoffs.  But unlike that team it also has quality.  As much as I hated loosing yesterday, I think everyone will benefit from this loss.  They now know they can compete with the best in a hostile stadium and can win.  In the NFC East right now there isn't a team like that IMO.  Maybe the Eagles but certainly not the boys or..here we laugh the Giants.  And I see them getting better as the season goes on.  

11 hours ago, mike23md said:

5. No turnovers. 

Technically, not accurate. We had the fumble on the last play, but it didn't matter (well not in terms of W/L but will in terms of stats and us not covering).

11 hours ago, mike23md said:

4. Doctson has to come down with that ball. We win if he does. 

On this front, a bigger question: why did we go for the home run ball with 47 seconds holding two timeouts, but only needed 2 yards for a first down? Why not a flare pass to Thompson, or a bootleg from Cousins?

7 hours ago, Woz said:

On this front, a bigger question: why did we go for the home run ball with 47 seconds holding two timeouts, but only needed 2 yards for a first down? Why not a flare pass to Thompson, or a bootleg from Cousins?

heck Woz we can play the why game thru the bye.  The only problem I had with that call was the TO Gruden took.  That would have made all the difference if the clock was down to 30 seconds, even if we didn't make 1st or scored.  Gruden and Cousins need to talk extensively about that sequence.  All of us fans were screaming whatever you do don't give KC time on the clock.  What happened in Detroit last year was still fresh in our mind and with the D being physically exhausted like it was and so many starters out, IMO Gruden should have been worrying about the clock first and foremost.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/10/04/coach-jay-gruden-explains-timeout-decision-in-final-minute-of-chiefs-game/

When asked during Tuesday’s conference call whether he would’ve approached the situation differently in retrospect, Gruden said, “I don’t think so.”

“I let a couple of seconds go to try to drain just a little bit, but we had a play where we had a couple shots in the end zone with Josh and obviously Jordan Reed,” Gruden said. “But also, if they played zone, we had two shorter routes — one to Jamison [Crowder] and one to Terrelle Pryor — and of course our back out of the backfield [Chris Thompson]. Had we completed one of those, the clock’s going to be running, we needed time. I wanted to make sure we had enough time to score if we did get the first down.”

Washington’s defense got off to a strong start against a dangerous Chiefs offense, but it struggled to maintain that level of play as it battled through injuries, mental errors and communication issues. Still, Gruden had an expectation that the defense could get a stop and force overtime during the final 47 seconds. But it didn’t.

We needed time?! For what? If they were serious about going for the homerun ball, then having the clock down at around 25-30 seconds when you kicked off would have been MUCH more useful.

14 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Got a feeling will lose to the 49ers. Very worried about our D being exposed and on top of that the 49ers D is not bad in fact there D scares me .

Eagles r playing easy teams lucky but starting Thursday there schedules gets a lot tougher . 

You are nuts Dashing, no fan should be scared going into that game in our stadium playing at 1:00 PM against an 0-5 team, especially us coming off a bye.  I mean so much is stacked against the 49s for this game, hell they will need to have ever break, every player giving his capable maximum and we still need to play mediocre for us to lose.  

The only thing that scares me is playing down to their level.  We got to come out and take it to them like the Eagles did yesterday with the Cardinals and we are capable of doing that.  

BTW i was thinking, Perine IMO failed us miserably in the loss against KC.  If that guy doesn't fumble that pitch (its almost certainly a first the blocking in front was perfect), then Gruden is confident to give him the ball on that sequence when we had a 2nd and 3.  At 3rd and 2 you run it again with him.  i think he gets it.  But Gruden couldn't put him in there, zero confidence he doesn't do something stupid like fumble the handoff.  

I hope this kid picks it up man, to see what GB got in the 5th round in Aaron Jones its depressing right now for all of us skins fans.

Archived