Cohen extension on the horizon?

beardown3231

Depends on the $$, but Cohen's a bit tough to project, going forward. We've seen him used well and seen him used poorly, likewise we've seen him play well, and seen him play poorly. 

The guy has talent for sure, but given the other deals that need to be done, I'm not sure I'd be resigning Tarik. I feel like Patterson offers more in the return game, and as much as a RB. 

Edited by Epyon

3 hours ago, soulman said:

Let's get ARob done then talk about others.  He's at the top of the list right now.

Based on Woods deal my guess is some thing around $51-$52 mil for 3 years with around $30 mil gtd should be about where they end up.

Yeah, it's utterly insane to re-up Cohen before Robinson. I'll repeat--insane.

If it works out that way, I'm about done with Pace. Talk about hinky management--Robinson should have been extended ALREADY. It's gross negligence that he hasn't been. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Yeah, it's utterly insane to re-up Cohen before Robinson. I'll repeat--insane.

If it works out that way, I'm about done with Pace. Talk about hinky management--Robinson should have been extended ALREADY. It's gross negligence that he hasn't been. 

We should consider who began this thread and it's intent.

I'm not even sold on the idea of extending Cohen period.

I wouldn't call it negligence.  It's all about money and it always was.  But now that the market as been set by others it should come down to just the gtd $$$ and structure.  I feel ARob is a very low risk signing and he wants to remain in Chicago.  Based on that I expect Pace to get a deal done soon but if not the tag cost and the APY value of a deal are nearly the same so worst case scenario we tag ARob next year.

21 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

What is the plan at QB next season when we have no cap room and a mid 1st round pick?

Well it all depends on how Mitch performs really...don't we all know this by now?

If he sucks then he's gone and Foles is here to start while they a draft a young player.

If he's good then he'll get franchised at the very least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soulman said:

We should consider who began this thread and it's intent.

I'm not even sold on the idea of extending Cohen period.

I wouldn't call it negligence.  It's all about money and it always was.  But now that the market as been set by others it should come down to just the gtd $$$ and structure.  I feel ARob is a very low risk signing and he wants to remain in Chicago.  Based on that I expect Pace to get a deal done soon but if not the tag cost and the APY value of a deal are nearly the same so worst case scenario we tag ARob next year.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? What kind of intent did I have by posting a Rapoport tweet (with no comments of my own) regarding a possible Bears extension on a Bears message board?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Epyon said:

Depends on the $$, but Cohen's a bit tough to project, going forward. We've seen him used well and seen him used poorly, likewise we've seen him play well, and seen him play poorly. 

The guy has talent for sure, but given the other deals that need to be done, I'm not sure I'd be resigning Tarik. I feel like Patterson offers more in the return game, and as much as a RB. 

I don't know about the running game or as a catcher out of the backfield. Plus, Cordelle will be 30 next year, while Cohen will only be 26. 

I'm indifferent about extending Cohen but I would understand it. He's a poor mans Darren Sproles with how versatile he is and how he is always one break away from taking it to the house at any given time. 

That’s a lot of cheese to give to a RB who you can’t really use at the goal line or in short yardage situations and who will never be more than a rotational or role player. With that said, the salary cap is a complete myth so I don’t see this being crippling in any way on the budget. He’s a nice but not great player who’s more versatile than just a RB and who’s now being paid like a veteran gadget player instead of a rookie one.

Now that the undercard signing is out of the way though... 🙏

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

You've said this very same thing 2 years in a row now and it hasn't stopped us from finding replacements yet. 

1. QB is a different situation.

2. The Cap is going down, probably a decent amount, for the first time in forever.

3. The Bears have found replacements the last few years because they have compromised themselves cap wise in upcoming years.