GDT: Denver Broncos (0-1) at Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0)

paul-mac

Road opener for the banged up Broncos after last week’s MNF heartbreaker

QB: Drew Lock

RB: Melvin Gordon III

WR: Courtland Sutton (Questionable)

WR: Jerry Jeudy

WR: KJ Hamler

TE: Noah Fant

LT: Garrett Bolles

LG: Dalton Risner

OC: Lloyd Cushenberry III

RG: Graham Glasgow

RT: Elijah Wilkinson 

DE: Shelby Harris

DE: Jurrell Casey

OLB: Bradley Chubb

ILB: Alexander Johnson

ILB: Josey Jewell

OLB: Jeremiah Attaochu

CB: Bryce Callahan

CB: Michael Ojemudia 

NCB: Essang Bassey

FS: Justin Simmons

SS: Kareem Jackson

K: Brandon McManus

P: Sam Martin

LS: Jacob Bobenmoyer

KR: Diontae Spencer

Going to be hard to see the Broncos winning out east against this top tier defense. I think the broncos play them close

Denver 16

Pittsburgh 20

First game in years I won’t be able to watch.  ☹️  I don’t see the Broncos hanging with the Steelers in this one, but I’d just like to see continued improvement be the young offense.  I still thisnks folks are being too harsh on Locke.  We knew this was going to be rough early, due to the youth, new coach, no off season, no pre-season.  Kid just played his 6th NFL game....   he has a great arm, good mobility, and great pocket awareness.  He still has to work on his footwork at times, which will help with the deep ball accuracy, and his pre-snap reads and moving to 2nd / 3rd options.  That will come.  No picks ( although 1 or 2 could have been😬). He was missing his security blanket.  Jeudy dropped 2 and Butt 1 that would have been big catches.  Kid will be ok, but it’s going to take time (like maybe until next year time).  But hoping to see some progress this week. Maybe 1 or 2 good deep throws. A little bearer consistency.  I expect Pitt will aim to take the run away and force Locke to throw, so let’s see what these kids can do!

I don't think we'll win, but I think we're likely to keep it a 1-score game.   

This will be both an eye-opener and a test for our pass game - because our run game is going to get very little done IMO.   

On the flip side, we're about to find out what happens if we don't get sustained pressure.   While JuJu is the name ppl recognize, Diontae Johnson & James Washington are going to create problems for us.

10 hours ago, Broncofan said:

This will be both an eye-opener and a test for our pass game - because our run game is going to get very little done IMO.   

On the flip side, we're about to find out what happens if we don't get sustained pressure.   While JuJu is the name ppl recognize, Diontae Johnson & James Washington are going to create problems for us.

The starting CBs for the Bronocs are soooo young.  Callahan is your veteran.  

11 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I think Claypool may as well.  He reportedly was exceptional in camp and has elite body control.  At 6’4” 240 he can lineup all over the formation and be a mismatch.  

The Steelers are probably the best team in football when it comes to drafting and developing WRs....Claypool could end up being the best of the bunch, he’s certainly the most physically talented WR they’ve drafted.

You guys are a lot more confident than I am in us keeping this game close. 

Pittsburgh has elite lines on both sides of the ball, they're very well coached and have a Hall of Fame QB. Plus its an 11am game on the East Coast and we never fare well in those games. 

I'm hoping we see some growth and improvement from the young players, see better game management from Vic and better play calling by Shurmur. 

I'll say 27-16 Steelers. 

25 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Lack of pass rush is going to kill us. Big Ben is one of the better QBs of this generation when given over 4 seconds. Vic has to get creative, but he can only do it if we can force 3rd and long. Big game for our front 7.

Agreed, and not that it matters a whole awful lot, we also don't have Bouye.