Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
paul-mac

GDT: Denver Broncos (0-1) at Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0)

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

That was a blatant push off on him for the 84 yard Td absolutely shocked the refs didn't call that on claypool you have to be better than that at officiating.

You’re not going to get that call consistently. Need to fight through it, stay balanced and finish the play. He tried to sell it and had no chance to prevent the TD from there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

You’re not going to get that call consistently. Need to fight through it, stay balanced and finish the play. He tried to sell it and had no chance to prevent the TD from there. 

It was the same call on Gallop last Sunday night full extension gets called 95 percent of the time. Look on brandon marshalls twitter he posted push off and it's clear as day ref was right there you can't miss those calls .

I swear the leagues fixed to an extent they have a narrative of who they want in the playoffs and big bens swan song is up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

It was the same call on Gallop last Sunday night full extension gets called 95 percent of the time. Look on brandon marshalls twitter he posted push off and it's clear as day ref was right there you can't miss those calls .

I swear the leagues fixed to an extent they have a narrative of who they want in the playoffs and big bens swan song is up there.

Those are definitely not called 95% of the time. Not even close. You shouldn’t even expect to see it called half the time. Regardless, play football. Don’t quit on a play when you get got. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Those are definitely not called 95% of the time. Not even close. You shouldn’t even expect to see it called half the time. Regardless, play football. Don’t quit on a play when you get got. 

I watch way too much football and Everytime I see a game you're right they rarely get called unless the wr completely extends his arm which Claypool did to create speration. I don't know what you expect OJ to do Claypool is a big wr almost te like you get arm barred by him it's gonna definitely kill your ability to make the play.

It sucks Claypool had a free release off the line especially since OJ was playing so close idk what the call was but that play is almost impossible to make even for the best corners the push off is an opi. Refs missed it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still have to admit I’m excited about Ojumedia and Bassang.  It’s a big reason why I wouldn’t want to go through another coaching change/scheme change.  Fangio DBs don’t always pan out in another system.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think head coaches or coaches In general get way too much criticism and praise tbh. John Harbaugh was on the hot seat two years ago and Lamar Jackson literally saved his Job. Do I think Kliff Kingsbury is some next generation head coach no but Kyler Murray is dangerous as a passer and is a threat to run for 100 every game.

Brian Schottenheimer got bashed as OC as the Jets was considered one of the worst in the league if I recall haven't heard a peep about him last three years in Seattle.

Vic reminds me of Tomlin in a ton of ways but Lock is hurt and isn't the Qb Big Ben is yet or ever if he gets there. This team never Quits on this staff I want that continuity for 4 years until I decide to make a change.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

I watch way too much football and Everytime I see a game you're right they rarely get called unless the wr completely extends his arm which Claypool did to create speration. I don't know what you expect OJ to do Claypool is a big wr almost te like you get arm barred by him it's gonna definitely kill your ability to make the play.

It sucks Claypool had a free release off the line especially since OJ was playing so close idk what the call was but that play is almost impossible to make even for the best corners the push off is an opi. Refs missed it

What I expect OJ to do is to not worry about selling the push, that extra bit of separation could have been the difference between making the tackle and giving up the touchdown. The play wasn’t over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

What I expect OJ to do is to not worry about selling the push, that extra bit of separation could have been the difference between making the tackle and giving up the touchdown. The play wasn’t over. 

I just don't know how you assumed he sold it these are elite athletes is someone gets an extended push off can't be surprised at a guy stumbling. 

I follow Iowa football to an extent because the players that come out of there seem so pro ready and finish plays always was an excellent program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thebestever6 said:

I just don't know how you assumed he sold it these are elite athletes is someone gets an extended push off can't be surprised at a guy stumbling. 

I follow Iowa football to an extent because the players that come out of there seem so pro ready and finish plays always was an excellent program.

Well, hopefully the next time this happens he’ll live up to that and finish the play like he is supposed to. The refs are going to make calls and miss calls. You can’t stop doing your job. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing with Claypool is while he isn’t the most polished player, he’s probably in the top 5 most physically gifted WRs in the NFL right now.  He’s going to do that to a lot of DBs (look at his catch between 2 Giants defenders week 1) that are more experienced and better than Ojemudia at this stage in his career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, germ-x said:

One thing with Claypool is while he isn’t the most polished player, he’s probably in the top 5 most physically gifted WRs in the NFL right now.  He’s going to do that to a lot of DBs (look at his catch between 2 Giants defenders week 1) that are more experienced and better than Ojemudia at this stage in his career.

I couldn’t believe his vertical speed on that play. Looked more like Martavis Bryant than a former TE. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I couldn’t believe his vertical speed on that play. Looked more like Martavis Bryant than a former TE. 

Yeah he really is insane.  He’s not as fast as Metcalf straight line.  But I honestly think he’s a better contested catch player as well as being better at creating after the catch.  He has looser hips than Metcalf.  

I think Claypool went around where he should’ve based on how raw he was, but he honestly might end up the best wide receiver out of this class.  With that I also factor in that Pittsburgh is better than anyone at identifying and developing WR whose best physical comparison is Calvin Johnson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

I think Claypool went around where he should’ve based on how raw he was, but he honestly might end up the best wide receiver out of this class.  With that I also factor in that Pittsburgh is better than anyone at identifying and developing WR whose best physical comparison is Calvin Johnson.

I was really high on Claypool. He was raw coming out, but has great character and work ethic. There is a good chance he becomes an absolute stud, he has all the physical tools to be a true #1 WR. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you think if we have third and short deep in opposing territory when we’re considering going for it on fourth next week we try to run it? You know just to mix things up? Nah, let’s —ing throw it out of the shotgun twice again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...