Sign in to follow this  
paul-mac

GDT: Denver Broncos (0-1) at Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0)

Not to be overly pessimistic but chances are, if Lock is out the rest of the year, we will be drafting high. Not high enough for Lawrence but high. Is there a chance that Elway will finally look at a QB that doesn't somewhat resemble him in college? Tall guys with rocket arms and poor downfield accuracy that hold the ball too long? Like Osweiler, Lynch, Lock, etc.

It is just way too early to throw lock in the trash with Brock and Lynch. Are we forgetting how well he looked last seaosn? How many passes he made game 1 that we have not seen a Denver QB complete in years? He needs to work on his downfield accuracy but this post just reeks of knee jerk reactionism. 

Of course you take Trevor if you have the chance, but that isnt really an indictment of Lock at all. 

I am much more worried about have Jeudy's drops have translated from college than Lock. The kid has everything needed to be elite, but his one red flag from college is REALLY standing out so far. 

Loved what Driskel showed. Thats about as good as you can expect a backup QB to play. Pretty happy we have him locked up for 2 years, a semblance of consistency from backup QB is always nice. 

Edited by BroncosFan2010

5 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Don't be an idiot.

One guy got creamed in the head (a definite penalty, by the way) and one guy had 310lbs fall on his shoulder.

We are just cursed right now. Nothing to do with our staff. Lock brought that hit on himself. Slow to get the ball out, no feel for pressure. 

You. Can't. Hold. The. Ball. Against. Good. Pass. Rush.

Saying Lock has no feel for pressure is one of the craziest things I’ve ever heard.  One of his greatest strengths.  

Just now, DiehardBronxFan said:

Saying Lock has no feel for pressure is one of the craziest things I’ve ever heard.  One of his greatest strengths.  

I completely agree with you it's crazy people are writing Lock off after one fluky play he was stumbling as he was escaping pressure and Dupree hit him in the perfect spot I saw three times today where Dak Prescott took similar hits someone who has 4 years experience

3 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

You have a 6ft 5 QB that can run. He's not your franchise QB. WHY are you not calling QB draw there??? Spread it out and run the ball with your tall, athletic QB. That is so bad, man. 

Can't believe we even had a shot to be fair. It's the hope that kills you ...

QB Draw, an option play.  On 3rd (and 2), they had Gordon in the backfield but didn’t even bother to play action to hold the rush.  2 week in a row where the had critical 2 yards to gain with 4 down territory and the play calling was, lacking....

3 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Pretty amazing display IMO. We've got lots of  issues but character and fight to the buzzer aren't among them. 

We gave up 7 sacks, 19 QB hits, 6 TFL and still had a chance to win it in the 4th. By the way, that's one of the most brutal stat lines I've ever seen.

These kids, as they develop, will give us plenty to cheer about.

Only when the get a real right tackle....

21 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

This is also the guy who thought Josh McDaniels and Vance Joseph just needed a little more time. 

He was wrong about those guys. However, I wouldn't put Fangio on the hot seat yet. He isn't as bad as those clowns (both of which should have been fired after year one. Heck, Joseph almost was).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

He was wrong about those guys. However, I wouldn't put Fangio on the hot seat yet. He isn't as bad as those clowns (both of which should have been fired after year one. Heck, Joseph almost was).

Just so disgusting how shameless he is, anything to keep Ellis and Smyth on his side. 

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Just so disgusting how shameless he is, anything to keep Ellis and Smyth on his side. 

Fangio as HC has left a lot to be desired.  Especially game 1.  Fangio as DC has been nothing short of exceptional.  He’s no doubt one of the best defensive minds in football.

Melvin Gordon has been one of the best short yardage backs over his entire career and he’s not been utilized in that role a handful of times now.  Head scratcher.

Number corner out

Number 1 wr out

Number one pass rusher out

Number one rb out

Number one qb out

Dremont jones a second year break out candidate last year hurt his knee today as well

Not sure what people expect from Fangio his team covered the spread losing their number one qb not many teams can do that. I think most fans expected 0-2 

7 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Fangio as HC has left a lot to be desired.  Especially game 1.  Fangio as DC has been nothing short of exceptional.  He’s no doubt one of the best defensive minds in football.

No one argued his credentials as a coordinator. Same with Wade Phillips. Same with Norv Turner. 

It was a terrible hire when it was made, and  some of us said as much, and it’s a terrible hire still. 

16 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Number corner out

Number 1 wr out

Number one pass rusher out

Number one rb out

Number one qb out

Dremont jones a second year break out candidate last year hurt his knee today as well

Not sure what people expect from Fangio his team covered the spread losing their number one qb not many teams can do that. I think most fans expected 0-2 

Just now, trailing 35-30 coming out of the 2 minute warning, Seattle runs the ball for a gain of 4 and, wait for it, Belichick just called a timeout.

Just as almost every high school coach in the country would.

But Vic didn’t in similar situation last week.

Injuries not withstanding, He’s a terrible HC who should never have been hired in the first place. Just like Vance. Stop making excuses. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

27 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Just now, trailing 35-30 coming out of the 2 minute warning, Seattle runs the ball for a gain of 4 and, wait for it, Belichick just called a timeout.

Just as almost every high school coach in the country would.

But Vic didn’t in similar situation last week.

Injuries not withstanding, He’s a terrible HC who should never have been hired in the first place. Just like Vance. Stop making excuses. 

I agree.  This team is demonstrably worse than they were when he came on board.  Uncompetitive, show no heart, unprepared.  I any competent coach would have had them 2-0 at this point.  Lock, by his 5th game, should have been performing like a seasoned vet if we just had a decent head coach. Despite the fact that we all preached patience with a young team that had no real off-season, it’s just unacceptable that they aren’t in mid-season form after 2 games against 2 of the top teams in the AFC.  Being in NY, I get to see Adam Gase.  Now There’s a quality head coach. Maybe we can get him to replace the incompetent hack that a Fangio has proven to be. 

performing like 

37 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

I agree.  This team is demonstrably worse than they were when he came on board.  Uncompetitive, show no heart, unprepared.  I any competent coach would have had them 2-0 at this point.  Lock, by his 5th game, should have been performing like a seasoned vet if we just had a decent head coach. Despite the fact that we all preached patience with a young team that had no real off-season, it’s just unacceptable that they aren’t in mid-season form after 2 games against 2 of the top teams in the AFC.  Being in NY, I get to see Adam Gase.  Now There’s a quality head coach. Maybe we can get him to replace the incompetent hack that a Fangio has proven to be. 

performing like 

Do I detect just a bit of sarcasm?

• Like 1