Sign in to follow this  
paul-mac

GDT: Denver Broncos (0-1) at Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0)

The one blessing - at worst, Elway just picks up the 5th year option for Chubb (which is only guaranteed for injury), or he declines it.  Either way, he likely doesn't commit a franchise-killer contract to Chubb, projecting him to be Von's successor.     

I dont think he has shown nearly enough to be worth a big deal. Again, it wont happen but I would love to see him get some 34DE reps. He is quick for that position and already has the necessary strength. Much like Clowney, he is more of a traditional DL but hype has kept him as an outside rusher. I think there is an outside chance he puts up Frank Clark like numbers at 34DE, albeit Clark was more athletic coming out to boot. 

What a nightmare of a season already. We should probably start scouting potential top 5 picks. 

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

You've got to be ****ing me.

Denver may be in the Tanking for Trevor market. I’ve read that Lock’s injury based on what it looked like is likely worse than an AC sprain.

Edited by germ-x

7 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Denver may be in the Tanking for Trevor market. I’ve read that Lock’s injury based on what it looked like is likely worse than an AC sprain.

Read up 1 page sooner.....labrum tear risk is very real.

Tank For Trevor is a pipe dream if we beat Jets Week 4.   Must See TV?   LOL raise your hands anyone who even thought this was a remote possibility 2 weeks ago (even though I didn't see us being a legit contender until 2021+, didn't think this kind of talk was even close to applicable to us...but if we lose Lock AND Sutton....after losing Von....man).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Read up 1 page sooner.....labrum tear risk is very real.

Tank For Trevor is a pipe dream if we beat Jets Week 4.   Must See TV?   LOL raise your hands anyone who even thought this was a remote possibility 2 weeks ago (even though I didn't see us being a legit contender until 2021+, didn't think this kind of talk was even close to applicable to us...but if we lose Lock AND Sutton....after losing Von....man).

If Lock/Sutton are out for the year, there are really only 2 games I’d pick Denver in for the entire year and that’s the Jets and Panthers.

The crazy part is Fangio has gotten heat and deservedly so, but the only thing that would be keeping this team from bottom 3–4 in the league is his ability to maximize the talent on defense.  

4 minutes ago, germ-x said:

If Lock/Sutton are out for the year, there are really only 2 games I’d pick Denver in for the entire year and that’s the Jets and Panthers.

The crazy part is Fangio has gotten heat and deservedly so, but the only thing that would be keeping this team from bottom 3–4 in the league is his ability to maximize the talent on defense.  

Yeah, we also keep forgetting that before Lock joined the O - we were 2-9, and our 2 W's were vs. TEN with Mariota, and LAC with Rivers throwing away the game (literally).

6 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I’d say Miami too but yeah if we are missing Lock and Sutton for an extended period, 3 wins is definitely in the realm of possibility.  Depressing

When is the last time this franchise got bitten so hard by the injury bug? We are talking potential season ending injuries for arguably the 3 most important players on the team in Lock, Sutton and Von. Jesus. Not to mention our #1 CB is out for 'a few weeks'. 

This season sucks already. I hope we just lean in on the young guys, will keep the fans interested and likley the best for their development. Time to take O off the reserve and give him Vannetts snaps (Although thats arguably the right move even if we are healthy, Vannett and Butt have looked turrible). 

5 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

When is the last time this franchise got bitten so hard by the injury bug? We are talking potential season ending injuries for arguably the 3 most important players on the team in Lock, Sutton and Von. Jesus. Not to mention our #1 CB is out for 'a few weeks'. 

This season sucks already. I hope we just lean in on the young guys, will keep the fans interested and likley the best for their development. Time to take O off the reserve and give him Vannetts snaps (Although thats arguably the right move even if we are healthy, Vannett and Butt have looked turrible). 

Was telling a friend that yesterday.  This sucks because we all had high hopes for the progress of the team with Lock and this young offense.  However, the bright side is some of these younger players are going to get a lot more experience.  Hamler being another player on offense that will be getting more reps than usual.

12 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

I’d say Miami too but yeah if we are missing Lock and Sutton for an extended period, 3 wins is definitely in the realm of possibility.  Depressing

Yeah.  I think Denver still probably pulls out a couple more.  While Josh Allen has torched 2 of the leagues worst teams, I think he’s going to have games he literally gives to the other team, so Buffalo could be winnable.

41 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Yeah.  I think Denver still probably pulls out a couple more.  While Josh Allen has torched 2 of the leagues worst teams, I think he’s going to have games he literally gives to the other team, so Buffalo could be winnable.

Denver will not beat Buffalo. We have maybe three or four truly winnable games on the schedule, and we probably won't win all of them.

Like it or not, Denver has significant tank potential. The upside of this is that Denver has a ton of talent, and the injuries are more freak injuries than they are nagging injuries. A top pick again could be a big time blessing in disguise.