Monday Morning QB: Browns 35, Bengals 30

west tx bengal fan

59 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

Unpopular opinion maybe,  but if we struggle this year, we should absolutely unload Green, Atkins, and Dunlap at the deadline. 

I'm on board.  It's time for a changing of the guard, and those guys aren't going to play at a high level forever.  That would be a LOT of money freed up.  You could sign a the top RT in free agency AND a top 3 CB and still be paying less than those three are making this year.  That would leave the rd 1 pick open for BPA, but the defensive line would need some high picks over the next couple years to re-infuse it with talent.

Agreed. We're past Green elevating Dalton and on to Burrow elevating Higgins and others. Trading Carlos and Geno would hurt but if we can get decent value, we should make the move. Of course the obvious area for improvement, beyond the O-line is the head coach. But Taylor probably isn't going anywhere as long as he wins more games this year than last. 

On 9/25/2020 at 9:00 AM, Johnny Nix said:

Unpopular opinion maybe,  but if we struggle this year, we should absolutely unload Green, Atkins, and Dunlap at the deadline. 

I think i'd be exploring trades for Green now.

Atkins and Dunlap at the deadline for sure if things don't turn around quickly.