Around the NFL - Week 2

Texas_OutLaw7

1 minute ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I can't imagine a new coaching staff without a proper off-season gives up on him after year 1 when their star RB is lost for the year and they are devoid of talent.

Yeah, I'd think Jones would get one more year at least. I also don't see the Jets giving up on Darnold just yet, think it far more likely they fire Gase (who I still can't believe they hired) and give Sam one more year under a new coach. 

2 hours ago, CAPJ said:

I could see the Jets moving on from Darnold as they are most likely bringing in their own coaching staff.

Daniel Jones hasn't shown anything worth building around.

I think the Giants think it’s too early to move on from Jones. Otherwise, I would’ve included them as well for the same reason you just posted.

41 minutes ago, D82 said:

Yeah, I'd think Jones would get one more year at least. I also don't see the Jets giving up on Darnold just yet, think it far more likely they fire Gase (who I still can't believe they hired) and give Sam one more year under a new coach. 

I went back and forth and including the Jets on the list but ultimately decided to put them on it; not only because Gase has been a disaster as a coach, but Darnold (unsurprisingly) hasn’t shown much development as a pro QB. He makes bad decisions, takes risks at the wrong time, and isn’t as good as he thinks he is. If I’m the Jets and I’m putting in a brand new coaching staff and have a shot at drafting Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields, I’m doing it.

Edited by plan9misfit

1 hour ago, D82 said:

I think Gase gets fired but new coach may want his own QB.

Jones wasn't drafted by Judge. He could want his own QB too.

Neither has shown much for anyone to believe that they are franchise guys.

42 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Can add Nick Bosa to the ACL list as well it sounds like. Not a great weekend for injuries.

It’s been one of the worst that we’ve ever seen.

The good news is that we brought Ronald Leary in for a workout. If his knees check out, you know I’m on board with this signing. I loved that guy in college, loved him while he was here, and was mad when we let him walk.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ronald-leary-to-work-out-for-cowboys-following-rash-of-offensive-line-injuries-as-possible-reunion-looms/amp/

4 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Dude was legit in high school in Texas. When he went to A&M they wasted years. Dude is shifty, cat like quickness and is fast as hell. 

I just didn’t see him making the transition to successful NFL QB. He’s surprised me.