Panthers sign Byrd

fretgod99

Isn't getting cut by the Saints as a defender a bad sign usually? 

Ehh, overall, not a terrible move I guess. 4 weeks into the season, the pickings are going to be slim. He's a vet, so hopefully he can try not to get burned in the back end on a regular basis.

12 minutes ago, Dingo18287 said:

Isn't getting cut by the Saints as a defender a bad sign usually? 

Yeah, not a good look. I think his contract was pretty insane, though. At least I remember they had to make some cap magic happen to sign him in the first place.

On 10/3/2017 at 1:31 PM, james.mcmurry13 said:

Yeah, not a good look. I think his contract was pretty insane, though. At least I remember they had to make some cap magic happen to sign him in the first place.

You never know.  Saints got rid of Malcolm Jenkins too.

Not that I expect anything at all out of Byrd, mainly because I didn't think he was that good in Buffalo either, but the Saints just had horrible defensive coaching.

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

You never know.  Saints got rid of Malcolm Jenkins too.

Not that I expect anything at all out of Byrd, mainly because I didn't think he was that good in Buffalo either, but the Saints just had horrible defensive coaching.

All I really remember is he had a ton of interceptions early in his career. Seems like injuries did him in during his time in New Orleans.

Probably just a pickup for the remainder of the season, though. As fret was alluding to.

Archived