49ers DE Nick Bosa likely tore ACL

RaidersAreOne

THIS is why I bitched and moaned ALL off-season about us needing a 3rd pass-rusher. I mean you never expect a DE to tear his ACL(this is actually Nick's second ACL tear) but I knew we were taking a huge risk banking on both Bosa and Ford staying healthy for a entire year. And with Blair coming off his own ACL, it was a risk for a defense whose scheme is based mainly around a elite front four, not to have a backup plan to either edge spot. Signing guys like Hyder, Jordan and Ansah was/is not enough imo. We should have spent a little money and gone after guys like Griffin and Irvin. 

39 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

Might as well tank for a top 5 pick. Rousseau and Ja'Marr Chase are looking good. 

What?  Obviously injuries have been awful for you all, but you're already giving up on the season at 1-1?  Jimmy G will return at some point.  Hopefully Sherman can come back in a few weeks.  Bosa is a huge loss, but the defense is still a really good unit without him.

Tanking for a top 5 pick is crazy talk.  You're acting like you're the Bengals or something lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, showtime said:

What?  Obviously injuries have been awful for you all, but you're already giving up on the season at 1-1?  Jimmy G will return at some point.  Hopefully Sherman can come back in a few weeks.  Bosa is a huge loss, but the defense is still a really good unit without him.

Tanking for a top 5 pick is crazy talk.  You're acting like you're the Bengals or something lol

I mean, may I point to you what happened the last time our starting QB missed extended time lol. Regardless, a big chunk of the starters will miss some time and I'm not the only one writing off the season due to the injuries we've faced. 

29 minutes ago, showtime said:

I kind of agree with this. I'm not interested in looking far down the road on what the team will be. What will be, will be, and all.

I want to see good football every week, and want the 49ers scrapping for a spot. Entertain me with competitive games and that's just gonna have to be good enough. Let's face it. 2020 has been a ridiculous year of misery all over. Football is not what it was. nothing is what it once was. Take what we can get that's good, and just get through it with a few smiles. It's just a silly game, and easily corrupted, after all. 

40 minutes ago, showtime said:

We aren't bad enough to get a top 10...I think we could get close to the top 10 depending on how the rest of the injuries play out. That being said, knee jerk reaction or not, I do believe that the season is toast. I'm not sure how good or bad the team will actually be, but I don't think that there is any chance at the super bowl, and that's what we all want to see 

• Like 1