49ers DE Nick Bosa likely tore ACL

RaidersAreOne

20 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Assuming the Niner finish in the range to get one of them, would you be interested?

Not that I necessarily want to move on from Jimmy, but still.

It will be more like Lawrence/Fields and then on down a bit, Lance. Both Fields and Lawrence are playing this year. Lance isn't. Not to mention Lance is just super raw. I see a battle between Lawrence and Fields as the first QB taken. Lawrence is a better passer but Fields is at minimum a good passer with elite physical tools (Lawrence has sneaky good physical tools too). 

Personally I would think no to Lance, just too raw, and I don't think we will be even close to Fields/Lawrence even if we did try to tank.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Here's the thing, our roster was universally recognized as a top 3-4 roster in the league in the offseason. Even without Bosa, it would have been at least top 7-10. Now, who knows how the rest of the injuries go, but if he's really the only key contributor being out for the rest of the season, then the team is still going to be competitive and have a good shot at the playoffs. If Jimmy ends up missing six games and BDN completely craps the bed? Then sure, it will be 2018 all over again with a bunch of close losses. But this team will still be in the playoff hunt well late into the season.

I agree 100%. We lost Bosa yesterday for the season. Everyone else will be back. Losing bosa sucks obviously, he is irreplaceable and we are thin at edge, but its not a death kneel to our chances to contend this season if we get kittle, deebo, mostert, jimmy back in the next 4-5 weeks.

I believe that mullens is good enough to win some games in the next few weeks. I believe kyle is good enough to figure out how to draw it up to where it works. if we can be 4-2 after week 6 then I dont really see what the issue is as far as our ability to compete this year. 

Its week 3 and we are 1-1, everyone else in the division is 2-0 so the divisional games are going to be so so so important

Hello, Ohio St. fan here. You guys at all concerned about Bosas longterm health? Both of the Bosas tended to get dinged up quite a bit at OSU and into the pros. Nick already had a season ending back injury and now a season ending ACL injury.

My brother and I would talk about how the Bosa brothers didnt like to play through anything if they wernt exactly 100% and that they were always business minded.

You guys at all concerned long term though?

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Hello, Ohio St. fan here. You guys at all concerned about Bosas longterm health? Both of the Bosas tended to get dinged up quite a bit at OSU and into the pros. Nick already had a season ending back injury and now a season ending ACL injury.

My brother and I would talk about how the Bosa brothers didnt like to play through anything if they wernt exactly 100% and that they were always business minded.

Yes, its been a concern, not near as much as Dee Ford though 

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Health has always been my only concern with Nick. I don't think a torn ACL is a business decision, and Nick was dinged up pretty much all year last year with an ankle and played through it. His impact when he is on the field far out-weighs his injury concerns in my mind.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Its always been something the fans have acknowledged, but its a situation where the talent is simply too great. You just have to cross your fingers and hope for the best

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Also this:

#49ers RB Tevin Coleman also suffered a knee injury and the team is waiting for MRI results. Kyle Shanahan said he's concerned.

49ers’ RB Tevin Coleman is expected to miss “multiple weeks” with the knee injury he suffered Sunday, per source. So 49ers are expected to be without Coleman and Raheem Mostert on Sunday at the Giants.

9 minutes ago, John232 said:

Jerrick McKinnon really going to be the healthiest back this year? 

Hasty and Wilson time I guess?

For McKinnon, this is probably his best way to prove he can be a #1. Granted I think he's gone after this year and we will make Mostert our primary (or at least I would). If I remember correctly when McKinnon restructured, it was for 1 year? 

Agreed, I'm excited to see what Hasty can do as well. 

Edited by StevenK