49ers DE Nick Bosa likely tore ACL

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Hello, Ohio St. fan here. You guys at all concerned about Bosas longterm health? Both of the Bosas tended to get dinged up quite a bit at OSU and into the pros. Nick already had a season ending back injury and now a season ending ACL injury.

My brother and I would talk about how the Bosa brothers didnt like to play through anything if they wernt exactly 100% and that they were always business minded.

You guys at all concerned long term though?

No, I am not (right now)

I think both bosa brothers were both business minded at OSU because they didnt want to risk getting drafted in the top 5 when they werent getting paid in school. Nick has played through minor injuries since hes been here (calf last year, hammy this year). Also, it was a core injury, not a back injury. 

The ACL tear was a contact injury. If it was a noncontact injury then I might be more worried. 

3 hours ago, StevenK said:

So I also read that he has cartilage damage along with his ACL tear. What does that necessarily mean? Ppl online, including Cohn (i know), were hesitant that he may not be 100% next year as well...😬😅

Could hinder his rehab, but not a guarantee. As far as worries go, it's probably too early to know one way or the other, so I wouldn't sweat it. Way down there on the list of potential additional problems that could have happened with the acl tear. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

Looking pretty good. His knee has to be feeling pretty good for him to do this.

ACLs have more to do with lateral movement. Its partly why guys are usually able to walk off the field when they tear it. 

It's obviously great that he is also strengthening the other muscles around the ACL, but I don't think this really tells us much tbh 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 1:52 PM, StevenK said:

So I also read that he has cartilage damage along with his ACL tear. What does that necessarily mean? Ppl online, including Cohn (i know), were hesitant that he may not be 100% next year as well...😬😅

Keep in mind that something like Cartilage damage is not a prognosis. This means it could be a lot longer for him to rehab, the person stating he has cartilage damage may have also meant that long term he's going to see long term damage via degenerative knee cartilage..We wont know. Luckily,  Bosa is young, extremely athletic and strong and his game is also one that should cater towards a good shelf life. 

Not concerned with him, whereas if a corner, RB or receiver had this damage it'd be concerning. 

• Like 1