How to improve our defense and avoid WORST DEFENSE EVER thread.

resilient part 2

This is not trolling, but just want to hear thoughts and ideas of how Dallas can/should improve in this area.. Both week to week and long term (draft etc..) play-calling/ personnel etc..

regardless of our offense, I feel our team goes as far as this unit..

Thoughts or ideas ?? 

Edited by resilient part 2

The defense is an utter mess.  I have no words.  Injuries have an effect for sure.  But everything is just completely out of sync.  Last week the rams killed us without even having to throw beyond the LOS.  Today, ATL probably could have 60 by attacking downfield.  But they played the run better today and last week.

The bottom line is that they need to develop an identity.  Right now, they can’t take anything away from an offense.

5 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

The defense is an utter mess.  I have no words.  Injuries have an effect for sure.  But everything is just completely out of sync.  Last week the rams killed us without even having to throw beyond the LOS.  Today, ATL probably could have 60 by attacking downfield.  But they played the run better today and last week.

The bottom line is that they need to develop an identity.  Right now, they can’t take anything away from an offense.

Pretty much.

The back 7 kind of is what it is... it’s not a great group, made worse by injuries. The pass rush has potential, but they’ve been completely impotent to this point.

This very much feels like an excuse, but is some of what we’re seeing the effects of playing the last few years under RM? The guys playing the best weren’t part of his system. As Slam said, they are waaay out of sync. Maybe a couple more weeks is needed to get their legs under them. I don’t really believe any of the defensive side is as bad as they’ve looked.

If they still look like this in another week or two, probably need revamped on all 3 levels.