Jump to content
resilient part 2

How to improve our defense and avoid WORST DEFENSE EVER thread.

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Si. lololol - autocorrect.

I figured ha. I guess he has only played one game so far and has been injured. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, djdunkenstein said:

after that game I have no clue where to start. I would keep it simple and try to have our best players on the field. the subs are every down i feel like. but we need to figure out a way to have aldon, dlaw, and griffen on field at once. That may mean griffen as a 3DT... Crawford has been MIA this year as well and thats a big contract for someone that doesnt and hasnt produced. Jaylon -- dont get me started but we are seeing that on the field. I do think its time to put Luke and Bernard in at linebackers to see what they have. Only thing I was happy about was FINALLY giving Wilson a shot at safety. Brought a little force but obviously he is raw. But anything is better than what was going on there. And Worley??!! holy crap get him off the field. Lewis should of been covering OBJ not worley. I dont care if Lewis is considered "slot". Usually the undersized guys play decent at corner and play with better leverage. I can only hope it gets better when we get CHido and Brown back. 

THIS ^ speaks for everyone I think!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nolan has NEVER had a top 10 defense. This was a LOYALTY pick by MM. ML should be fired to send a message. This defense is HISTORICALLY bad. No wonder!!! 

Switch back to the 4-3. POE is not a true NT. He is getting shove back. Might have to pick up SNACKS. 

Earl Thomas OR Eric Reid. PICK ONE. I don't care if they kneel etc...

Find another CB...WORLEY is TRASH. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the people calling for a tank job for an UNKNOWN commodity ... have obviously never done.anything truly competitive in their lives that they were passionate about.

Whats more, how has tanking for top picks worked for Cleveland? The JETs? Face it...even the BEST qb prospects can be complete busts. And then what are you left with?

You have a proven winner at QB who is carrying his team while his team tries exceptionally hard to blow it for him. And you wanna give him up for someone that could be out of the NFL in 3 years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

All the people calling for a tank job for an UNKNOWN commodity ... have obviously never done.anything truly competitive in their lives that they were passionate about.

Whats more, how has tanking for top picks worked for Cleveland? The JETs? Face it...even the BEST qb prospects can be complete busts. And then what are you left with?

You have a proven winner at QB who is carrying his team while his team tries exceptionally hard to blow it for him. And you wanna give him up for someone that could be out of the NFL in 3 years?

I dont want to just give up Dak for an unknown. I think there is a bit more to it than that. 

I like Dak. I think he is very good. A step below the "elite" tier of Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson. That's my opinion anyways. I just dont see how we can win with paying him more money with all of the holes that we have. 

We seem to be a few years from being able to move on from Tank, Jaylon and other under performers. That mixed in with adding years to Tyron who is always hurt, Martin and Collins.

Either we are not nearly as talented as some thought we were, still getting used to a new scheme or most likely a combination of both. We need help on all 3 levels of defense and even with the added depth that we drafted to the o-line, we still struggle for a variety of reasons.

Is Dak the problem? Not even close. Like you said, the issues around him is the problem and I think that just gets highlighted once we pay him more money.

Maybe its a culture thing. We have had different coaches, different leaders, yet still seem to have the same excuses on why we come up short.

Im just open to trying something major to see if anything changes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dallas94Ware said:

All the people calling for a tank job for an UNKNOWN commodity ... have obviously never done.anything truly competitive in their lives that they were passionate about.

Whats more, how has tanking for top picks worked for Cleveland? The JETs? Face it...even the BEST qb prospects can be complete busts. And then what are you left with?

You have a proven winner at QB who is carrying his team while his team tries exceptionally hard to blow it for him. And you wanna give him up for someone that could be out of the NFL in 3 years?

Or maybe they dont act like they are on the team, and can joke around.  Also, what's your explanation for the D.  They sure look like they're in tank mode.  Not much effort going on.

BTW, your CLE and NYJ example completely contradicts your argument that anyone who has done anything competitive would not tank.

Edited by SweetFancyMoses
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, just curious, way before I left for healrh reasons I and...forget who, sorry... made a ongoing thing about wanting Mike Vrabel if we were moving on from JG. This was 20 something months ago but still.

How much better docyou think this team would have been if we had done just that, bring in Vrabel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

So, just curious, way before I left for healrh reasons I and...forget who, sorry... made a ongoing thing about wanting Mike Vrabel if we were moving on from JG. This was 20 something months ago but still.

How much better docyou think this team would have been if we had done just that, bring in Vrabel?

I have entered the chat.

Yes. Si.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheGame316 said:

Anyone notice DLaw's cap number in 2021/2022/2023

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/dallas-cowboys/

Hot Somethin

🤢🤢🤮

Bro, check this out.  My man Tyrone Crawford is being paid $9M this year.  In 4 games, he has exactly 1 solo tackle.  1.  Uno.  At this pace, he’ll be paid $2.25M per tackle this season.  Dude is putting in work!  
 

lawrence, even at $25M, will be a bargain compared to Crawford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The_Slamman said:

Bro, check this out.  My man Tyrone Crawford is being paid $9M this year.  In 4 games, he has exactly 1 solo tackle.  1.  Uno.  At this pace, he’ll be paid $2.25M per tackle this season.  Dude is putting in work!  
 

lawrence, even at $25M, will be a bargain compared to Crawford.

Crawford's got potential. We signed him early so we could get him cheaper. It ALWAYS works out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...