How to improve our defense and avoid WORST DEFENSE EVER thread.

resilient part 2

2 hours ago, D82 said:

Every year, the F.O. sells us on some over the hill player or late round draft pick (at best) to fill safety positions and our fanbase eats it up. When said player predictably busts, they are released and the cycle restarts. 

One day things will change.

Okay... fix the D....  go back in time and have a preseason and have Mckoy not be injured...  ditto Brown Awuzi Lee and LVE...   almost HALF our expected game day starters.... 

Have our LB's actually flow to the ball with discipline and make plays rather then the kaos we seem to employ with little effect. 

Harrison is worth a shot in my mind still get Brown Awuzi Lee and LVE back..    

We have the skill at the edge in DLaw, Smith and hopefully Gregory to be productive. We just need the rest of the D to settle down some so those players can just worry about pass rush and setting the edge against the run game. Too many times they focus too much on making a big play and it leads to mistakes like we try stunts inside with out outside support on running downs. 

AND....    some how FIX our OL... SO...   we can effectively run the ball to change the TOP numbers to start the game combined with NO turnovers and their you go.... 

1 getting Brown back means Brown can cover the TE.. freeing our LB's to blitz more and press the LOS..   getting Lee and LVE back as well might settle things do to stop all the over committing. 

• Like 1

So someone brought up a trade...

JJ Watt for a 2021 pick (2nd rd pick was suggested)

New coach is going to probably want some picks. Watt is a FA after next season. Second rd pick us too much imo. Watt is now on the wrong side of 30 and is definitely not his former self.

14 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

So someone brought up a trade...

JJ Watt for a 2021 pick (2nd rd pick was suggested)

New coach is going to probably want some picks. Watt is a FA after next season. Second rd pick us too much imo. Watt is now on the wrong side of 30 and is definitely not his former self.

Yeah, I wouldn’t do it for a 2nd. 

Shoot em all in the f ing head!

Okay, that's a bit harsh. I have been saying for weeks, teach fundamentals. Thus leads to a strong, secure platform on which to build. If you can't tackle or shed a block or jam a receiver or recognize offensive sets, then ANY scheme you attempt to run is already failed.

I am curious about one thing though, it's been driving me nuts. With how abysmal this defense is, just how bad was Ha Ha Clinton Dix that we cut him after signing him in FA?

Edited by Rtnldave