Michael Thomas Touchdown from the Dolphins game

Dome

Just before the snap Thomas motions and lines up next to Josh Hill. Hills first two strides cut off Thomas and on the third Thomas pushes off Hill (so no penalty) to create separation. If it was drawn up like that (appears to be, Thomas looked prepared for Hill to cut into his lane), that is a beautiful play design. Haven't seen us do something like that in a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfKPmjx7JC0 [no embedding NFL videos, NFL blocks them] -_-

Payton draws up some good passing plays, no doubt about it.  He just gets way too cute too many times, especially in the run game and that cuteness doesn't cut it.  I wanna see more plays like this one and less end arounds.

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

Payton draws up some good passing plays, no doubt about it.  He just gets way too cute too many times, especially in the run game and that cuteness doesn't cut it.  I wanna see more plays like this one and less end arounds.

And less super obvious run plays. 

1 hour ago, SWATcha said:

And less super obvious run plays. 

Payton's run design is Jr. Highish. One step from drawing lines in the dirt and using bottle caps for "the big guys" and broken glass for the running back. Run a 34 cross buck!! Huh?

It actually makes me appreciate Mark Ingram more than stats will ever show. He's not an HOF back, but he's far better than Payton (and lack of imagination) has allowed.

21 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Payton's run design is Jr. Highish. One step from drawing lines in the dirt and using bottle caps for "the big guys" and broken glass for the running back. Run a 34 cross buck!! Huh?

It actually makes me appreciate Mark Ingram more than stats will ever show. He's not an HOF back, but he's far better than Payton (and lack of imagination) has allowed.

When Doug Marrone left... So did Paytons ability to understand running concepts.

Archived