Championshiporbust

Should Matt Ryan retire as a Atlanta Falcon or win a SB somewhere else?

I think he should just win a superbowl where ever he can to be honest. I wouldnt be picky about it. 

Like, I could win one here, but I'd rather to do it there, it's not sound logic imo. 

51 minutes ago, Silver said:

Matt Ryan is going the Hall of very good.

Which imo would be a damn shame because on a team with a solid defense and even a avg to above avg o-line he would be a lock HOF with a few SB wins imo.   Ryan doesn't need elite skill players to do great and has proven that by making lesser talented players look really good over the years.  I would have traded almost all of our skill players for a a good Defense and O-line.

• Like 1

The big brain move would be to encourage Atlanta to neglect their running game and defense even more to keep his receiving corps elite. Throw it 50 times a game the next few years to elite receivers to put up the biggest numbers he can. 

13 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

I would have traded almost all of our skill players for a a good Defense and O-line.

Makes you wonder about trading up to get Julio in the draft but I've been banging that drum for almost a decade now and nobody wants to hear it so 🤷‍♂️

Edited by DannyB

1 hour ago, DannyB said:

Makes you wonder about trading up to get Julio in the draft but I've been banging that drum for almost a decade now and nobody wants to hear it so 🤷‍♂️

Word. This is the post of the day. How you give up 5 picks for a wide receiver? Sure you made a Super Bowl. What team giving up a lion share of picks for one player really pans out? My team, the Ravens, covet draft picks. Look at New England, they too are built predominantly through the draft. Steelers? As much as I hate them are another great drafting team that knows balance is more important than one player. 

Think of some of the great QB’s past and present, late picks. Montana, Brady, Wilson. You can almost make a case for rolling the dice on a generational QB, but when has any other position really changed a game as a draft pick? Championships are won with defense, Atlanta keeps missing that memo.

Falcons have bad luck with injury the last few years. However returning Quinn back this season probably took 2 season off Ryan.

Come to SF after the season is over. 

• Like 2