Brandon Scherff hurt again, helped off field

naptownskinsfan

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

But you need to somewhat hit on them. Looking back on ALL of our o-line picks the last decade (and we've had a decent amount), we really haven't HIT on too many. 

Trent Williams - hit (1st)

Maurice Hurt - nope (7th)

Tom Compton - has had a long backup career, but not with us. Journeyman. (6th)

Morgan Moses - hit (3rd)

Josh LeReibus - 3rd. SUCKED.

Spencer Long - mixed (3rd) still in the NFL but not with us. Got overpaid. 

Brandon Scherff - more good than bad (1st), but always hurt and might be overrated.

Austin Reiter - 7th - plays for KC, but I don't think he's amazing or anything? Either way not with us.

Chase Roullier - starts and sucks (6th)

Geron Christian - starts and sucks (3rd)

Wes Martin (4th) - starts and sucks

Ross Piersbacher - (5th) sucks. PS.

Have you seen Roullier pull? I think he gets knocked more because what our OG’s are missing and people blame him but this guy time and time I hear he sucks and I don’t agree. He isn’t a premier OC but he is a good player. The rest I completely agree with. We’re throwing darts but I think we need to maybe start doubling up one early one late.

That has seemed to be a winning strategy for us. Terry and Harmon Terry pans out. Payne and Settle both IMO look very well. AGG and Antonio Gibson. Yes this isn’t really about position but I think we can see one already showing and I believe the other isn’t far behind. This would be a great class to double up on the OL. I fact I could see us using to OL picks and a TE as 3 of our first 5 selections.

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Have you seen Roullier pull? I think he gets knocked more because what our OG’s are missing and people blame him but this guy time and time I hear he sucks and I don’t agree. He isn’t a premier OC but he is a good player. The rest I completely agree with. We’re throwing darts but I think we need to maybe start doubling up one early one late.

Never been impressed by him. I'll be curious where PFF has him this week. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Never been impressed by him. I'll be curious where PFF has him this week. 

No I feel like I’m in the majority but I’m not breaking down every play on our center. But he’s always needed work in the passing game and he pulls well. But I have heard a lot of people digging him on plays because of up the gut pressure while he’s anchored on somebody else and a guard was actually the guy who missed and I’ve heard and broken plays down and they usually aren’t his fault. I won’t say we can’t upgrade because we can but OL has been a issue. I think it has to be a priority because I feel like we have 2 guys who belong in a power scheme and we have 3 who belong in a zone. Moses is much better in zone and it’s shown this season he’s lighter and he has less penalties and he looks like the guy we paid for the most part. I expect this staff to prioritize this in the offseason. TE OL FS are what I’m really coming away with for PON right now

Edited by ripsean21

57 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Scherff dodged a bullet it seems . Rivera said it was good news and he'd likely miss a coupla weeks . Sprain I guess. no damage . 

That is good news.  Scherff is losing himself a lot of money if he doesn't get healthy and show himself to be dominant again.  

21 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Someone will pay him regardless I think.

You are probably right, maybe even us.  But the security is gone for him.  I was pushing to resign him in the offseason.  Easy to second guess, but clearly we need some longer term stability on this oline.  

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

I wonder if they might switch Martin to RG ( He started for Scherff last year right ? ) and Sweitzer to LG. He started 13 games at left in 2018 .

Maybe they put Charles at RG. It wouldn’t be the first time we moved a tackle to guard I think his best fit is tackle but I think he will do just fine at guard

Edited by ripsean21