Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RaidersAreOne

Broncos QB Drew Lock out 2-6 weeks with AC sprain

Recommended Posts

It's probably the best thing that could have happened. Until we can tighten up our protection anyone we throw out there at QB is going to get killed. it doesn't take much more than a few weeks of that kind of abuse to totally destroy a young QB. They start hearing footsteps in their sleep and become totally ineffective.

No sense in ruining Lock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

It's probably the best thing that could have happened. Until we can tighten up our protection anyone we throw out there at QB is going to get killed. it doesn't take much more than a few weeks of that kind of abuse to totally destroy a young QB. They start hearing footsteps in their sleep and become totally ineffective.

No sense in ruining Lock. 

Wilkinson is a turnstile lol I don't see it getting any better to be honest .

 

And where there really people on here who thought he could replace Bolles? What were they watching

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Wilkinson is a turnstile lol I don't see it getting any better to be honest .

 

And where there really people on here who thought he could replace Bolles? What were they watching

Well, with 2020 rearing it's ugly head again and the injury bug devastating our season, perhaps we can get a real shot at OT Penei Sewell in the 2021 draft. Only shot at a positive swing on this season I can come up wth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Schefter is a COVID hysteric who is scared to come to out of his basement, and that by itself doesn’t mean he is wrong, but I do know official word from the team is to wait and see tomorrow morning what the docs at UC Health say. 

Schefter and Legwold are getting their information from Greek (who can’t keep anyone healthy) and/or Lock’s agent. From what I hear Schefter didn’t even check in with the team but Legwold did him a favor by letting him share the news since both are ESPN hacks .

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it’s a season-ender I call NO to see what they want for Winston

 

Edited by bMiller031

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bigger issue for the Broncos long term is the game rep loss with Drew being hurt, as opposed to wins and losses.

This team (without Von, anyway) can't threaten the playoffs anyway, but to lose your QB who you're trying to figure out is the answer, is, well, not ideal.

Driskel showed well yesterday but teams will be preparing for him now, not Lock. I expect a big fall from grace over the next few weeks.

What a brutal season.

- 3 of our top 4 salaries for this year aren't playing - Miller (likely out for year), Bouye (at least 3 weeks), James (out for the year).
- Starting QB done for at least 3 games but likely more
- Best receiving threat missed a game, then half a game, and is clearly at about 50%
- Joint starting RB out multiple weeks
- Best pass rusher is at about 70% 

Everyone gets injuries, but man - we're getting whacked this year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Bigger issue for the Broncos long term is the game rep loss with Drew being hurt, as opposed to wins and losses.

This team (without Von, anyway) can't threaten the playoffs anyway, but to lose your QB who you're trying to figure out is the answer, is, well, not ideal.

Driskel showed well yesterday but teams will be preparing for him now, not Lock. I expect a big fall from grace over the next few weeks.

What a brutal season.

- 3 of our top 4 salaries for this year aren't playing - Miller (likely out for year), Bouye (at least 3 weeks), James (out for the year).
- Starting QB done for at least 3 games but likely more
- Best receiving threat missed a game, then half a game, and is clearly at about 50%
- Joint starting RB out multiple weeks
- Best pass rusher is at about 70% 

Everyone gets injuries, but man - we're getting whacked this year.

The 49ers and Broncos could seriously use some group therapy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I know Schefter is a COVID hysteric who is scared to come to out of his basement, and that by itself doesn’t mean he is wrong, but I do know official word from the team is to wait and see tomorrow morning what the docs at UC Health say. 

Schefter and Legwold are getting their information from Greek (who can’t keep anyone healthy) and/or Lock’s agent. From what I hear Schefter didn’t even check in with the team but Legwold did him a favor by letting him share the news since both are ESPN hacks .

What does this have to do with anything lol.

I'm not sure how most of these injuries are on Greek, to be honest. I attribute injuries like pulls/strains more to the athletic staff than I do some of these freak injuries. Falling awkwardly and spraining your AC joint isn't exactly something a trainer can prevent, especially if a 300+ pound guy is falling on you. Bouye dislocated his shoulder by falling, again, it's kind of a freak accident. Miller's injury by all accounts was a freak injury. We've had a very limited # of injuries the last few years, so it's sort of unfair to pin this on training staff.

The rest of the anti-ESPN/media rant...I don't know what to do with lol. Though I agree, Legwold in particular is a hack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The concern is that there is a labrum tear.   If that's the case, then it's season-ending.   An AC separation injury would fit the 2-6 week time frame, being the throwing shoulder.   But the mechanism of injury and the immediate pain makes a labrum tear very possible.   Gotta wait on the MRI and hope for the best, but it's worrisome.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...