Broncos QB Drew Lock out 2-6 weeks with AC sprain

RaidersAreOne

25 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

Again from Klis

"Relatively good news on QB Drew Lock: He does have rotator/labral issue in back of shoulder. Out 2-6 weeks"

15 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

From Klis

I understand it was more than ACL on Sutton’s knee

Hold on - Klis said there's a labral issue?

Guys, there's no way to feel safe with any type of labrum injury.    That's a contradictory statement they just made.

A couple of take-home messages:

1.  The Broncos would be wise to NOT rush Lock back, if the labrum's involved.

2.  MRI's that show ANY tear of the labrum is a cause for concern.   First, because MRI's aren't as accurate with shoulder injuries (unlike elbows/knees/hips/spine), because of the complexity of the shoulder itself.    And more importantly, because that's an injury that can worsen and wear over time.  It's exactly what happened to Luck & Cam - an initial injury was labelled as minor, and got worse with more wear & tear.

For a throwing shoulder, a labrum tear of any kind is VERY worrisome.    This is actually still very concerning.   Hopefully it's such a small tear that it heals - but that's not the best possible news - the best possible news was the labrum was intact.    Saying there's a labral injury is still a problem.  Ugh.

Edited by Broncofan

12 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Now THIS sounds way more accurate - rotator cuff severe strain and committing to re-evaluate is way different than "relatively good news".    And before ppl start semantics analysis - strain means there's a tear.

SMH Klis.

What my Broncos beat reporter friend, who I believe all around here respect, said is much more in line with Schefter’s report. Word is they believe Drew will return before or the week after the bye. 

Let's go get Winston if the price is stomach-able. 

We'd be doing a disservice to Jeudy, Hamler, and Fant to have Driskell as QB1 for an extended period of time - particularly (to @Broncofan's point) if we'd be be better served long-term to be patient w/ Lock's injury. Additionally, I don't like relying on Lock to be the salvation for this team.. I'm hopeful he can a) stay healthy and b) prove to be a long-term top-12 QB - but, IMO, it's careless at this point to pretend that either is a lock (bad pun not intended). 

Edited by bMiller031
price caveat

2 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

Let's go get Winston if the price is stomach-able. 

We'd be doing a disservice to Jeudy, Hamler, and Fant to have Driskell as QB1 for an extended period of time - particularly (to @Broncofan's point) if we'd be be better served long-term to be patient w/ Lock's injury. Additionally, I don't like relying on Lock to be the salvation for this team.. I'm hopeful he can a) stay healthy and b) prove to be a long-term top-12 QB - but, IMO, it's careless at this point to pretend that either is a lock (bad pun not intended). 

No way NO trades Winston; they're keeping him in case Brees goes down / Covid exposure.   

Sadly there's no easy fix here.   I'm now in "please no one else in our young core get hurt please please please" mode.

No need to give up draft capital to get Winston, who would only be a 2-6 week stop gap. I have no confidence is Driskel but, at the point, this season is not about winning games. At least not until Drew, Bouye and Lindsay come back. 

This season has always been about growth and development of the young core. Even before the injuries, we were going to be, at best, a fringe wildcard contender. 

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

No way NO trades Winston; they're keeping him in case Brees goes down / Covid exposure.   Sadly there's no easy fix here.   

Just now, AnAngryAmerican said:

No need to give up draft capital to get Winston, who would only be a 2-6 week stop gap. I have no confidence is Driskel but, at the point, this season is not about winning games. At least not until Drew, Bouye and Lindsay come back. 

Fair... but a bummer.  Never understood the NO/Taysom relationship.  They like him enough to pay him $16m/yr but not enough to part w/ their 3rd overqualified QB. 

The "least threatening backup QB" approach that landed us Driskell is so aggravating - especially if Lock's injury ends up being 6+ weeks rather than 2-4.