Broncos QB Drew Lock out 2-6 weeks with AC sprain

RaidersAreOne

From Klis: 

Fangio said Sutton is done for season; Lock out 3-5 weeks; DreMont Jones out 4 weeks or so. DeMarcus Walker out multiple weeks with calf. #9sports

Good news on Drew. They’ll be careful. My friend says it’ll be closer to 3 than to 5, after re-evaluation in 2 weeks. They also won’t rush Drew back, believe he is the long-term answer. So the talk about trading for a QB, signing Kaepernick (which you-know-who had to ask about) or  other options are off the board. Drew is the guy the day he is healthy and that won’t change. Great confidence in Drew, they love the way he prepares and how he carries himself and his teammates adore him.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

From Klis: 

Fangio said Sutton is done for season; Lock out 3-5 weeks; DreMont Jones out 4 weeks or so. DeMarcus Walker out multiple weeks with calf. #9sports

Good news on Drew. They’ll be careful. My friend says it’ll be closer to 3 than to 5, after re-evaluation in 2 weeks. They also won’t rush Drew back, believe he is the long-term answer. So the talk about trading for a QB, signing Kaepernick (which you-know-who had to ask about) or  other options are off the board. Drew is the guy the day he is healthy and that won’t change. Great confidence in Drew, they love the way he prepares and how he carries himself and his teammates adore him.

3 weeks would be back for Miami, 5 weeks would essentially be 6 with the bye right after KC game.  I’d honestly prefer them letting him get all the way healthy, not like playoffs are a legitimate hope at this point 

The injury bug has hit every team. Some have, thus far, been worse than others but I don’t see the rash of injuries abating in the next 2-3 weeks. I think the lack of preseason and offseason was devastating.

Some cautioned as such. But since players don’t like the preseason and saw this as a way to get an out and still get paid in full. The ones that got hurt are going to be asking questions to their respective team reps in the days a weeks ahead. 

You can’t let the inmates run the asylum because in mass numbers an ignorant majority will not heed the long-term best interest. 

22 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

Broncos bringing Bortles in for a meeting

And he's signed.

He's mobile, can take a hit.....and yeah, that's about it.

On the bright side, he can probably practice right away with the O, he doesn't need to wait for Covid protocols - since he can't pass anything to a player on his own team.   The D might want to stay distanced from him, however.

Edited by Broncofan

I honestly prefer Driskel to Bortles, and I assume he retains the starting spot. This talk of signing someone to supplant Driskel is nonsense, its a position that you almost never can jump into off the street. 

We just saw Jeff play about as good as one could hope for from a backup. I am fully content with him as the 2nd string guy moving forward. He has a live arm and is extremely athletic for his size. 

lol at trading for Winston, this isnt a contending team. You dont make a move like that, and Jameis isnt anything too spectacular to begin with. 

35 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I honestly prefer Driskel to Bortles, and I assume he retains the starting spot. This talk of signing someone to supplant Driskel is nonsense, its a position that you almost never can jump into off the street. 

We just saw Jeff play about as good as one could hope for from a backup. I am fully content with him as the 2nd string guy moving forward. He has a live arm and is extremely athletic for his size. 

lol at trading for Winston, this isnt a contending team. You dont make a move like that, and Jameis isnt anything too spectacular to begin with. 

Yep and Bortles has to go through the covid protocol.  So realistically going through the protocol and getting into practices, familiar with the scheme and what not he probably isn’t ready for 2-3 weeks.  

We have to remember that while Blake Bortles isn’t exactly Joe Montana, he has done some nice stuff to mix in with his bad stuff. He’s better than Driskell and I’d like to see him start in week 5 after the mini-bye. 

I honestly am not sure about this. I think Driskel could have put up similar stats to Blake, sans his one outlier year, if given the same 'high pick means high room for error' type treatment. 

Bortles really just isnt that good. (RAT + QBR)

Driskel

2018 - 82.2 / 31.1

2019 - 75.3 / 46.7

Bortles (Since his outlier season)

2016 - 78.8 / 42.8

2017 - 84.7 / 59.2

2018 - 79.8 / 41.7

They post very similar advanced QB stats, but one is locked up for another year and is familiar with our system. Jeff has a much better arm too IMO. 

2 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I honestly am not sure about this. I think Driskel could have put up similar stats to Blake, sans his one outlier year, if given the same 'high pick means high room for error' type treatment. 

Bortles really just isnt that good. (RAT + QBR)

Driskel

2018 - 82.2 / 31.1

2019 - 75.3 / 46.7

Bortles (Since his outlier season)

2016 - 78.8 / 42.8

2017 - 84.7 / 59.2

2018 - 79.8 / 41.7

They post very similar advanced QB stats, but one is locked up for another year and is familiar with our system. Jeff has a much better arm too IMO. 

Driskel is also a better runner and more athletic.