WandaVision (Spoilers!)

Acgott

11 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

What about Monica’s reaction when Captain Marvel’s name was brought up. I can’t wait to find out the back story between those two since Captain Marvel.

There was definitely some anger/tension/resentment in that look.  I wonder if that will come back up during WandaVision or if that nugget will be saved for CM2.

Watched it again before i'll watch it with the family tonight.  Olsen and Bettany are just tremendous in this.

The "recasting" of Pietro leads me to believe there is still likely someone (Mephisto, Grim Reaper, new character) controlling Wanda, as she looks genuinely shocked when the door opens, yet knows it is some version of Pietro.  If there is going to be a villain behind the scenes though, then it needs to be revealed before too long.  I think we can rule out Agnes, Norm, and Herb as they have all looked terrified in brief moments of clarity.

I had to look it up, but Lagos was the city in Civil War where Wanda accidently let Rumlow blow himself up in front of the Wakandan embassy.  A product that "cleans up a mess" is an interesting correlation to that.

Edited by THE DUKE

I was curious so I looked it up, and the budget for Wandavision is reportedly as high as $25 million per episode, which for the 9 episode run comes to $225 million.  This is a full major movie budget.  I expect it will be something similar for Loki and Falcon and the Winter Soldier.  I wouldn't be shocked if some episodes come in a little cheaper and some a little more expensive, so maybe more like $200 million.  Still.

I knew that the series would start slow and the build up took longer than I wanted. But damn. When it picked up, it picked up! Now the week long wait...

When she opened the door, she wasn't sure who Pietro was. I'm guessing there's either an unknown outside force at play or she inadvertently tapped into the multiverse. I'm leaning towards the latter. I don't think there's a big behind the scenes villain. I think her mental instability is it.

26 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I don't think there's a big behind the scenes villain. I think her mental instability is it.

If there us no villain, how do you see the series ending?

We know that Vision is no match for her, and I doubt SWORD will be.

Will Quicksilver get her to say The Phrase?

5 minutes ago, Acgott said:

If there us no villain, how do you see the series ending?

We know that Vision is no match for her, and I doubt SWORD will be.

Will Quicksilver get her to say The Phrase?

Pure speculation on my part, but I could see another surprise cameo or two at the end. Someone(s) with the power/ability to at least contain, if not incapacitate her.

3 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Pure speculation on my part, but I could see another surprise cameo or two at the end. Someone(s) with the power/ability to at least contain, if not incapacitate her.

Yeah, I been thinking about potential cameos, since Olsen said it would be on the same level Skywalker, though don’t want to get my hopes up.

Magneto, Prof X, Strange, Jean Gray are the only people that I see that stand any chance against her and make sense on the show. The last one I don’t think will appear.

7 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Enter McAvoy's Professor X, haha.

46 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I don't think there's a big behind the scenes villain. I think her mental instability is it.

I think I would actually prefer that, however that does open some plot holes unless they set up some motivation.  She went from reasonably ok at the end of Endgame to this in a couple weeks.  I hope we get to see Wanda's point of view of her storming the SWORD facility and her reaction to finding Vision like that.  Now that I type it out, that could be what breaks her.  She finds out Vision's body is being held by SWORD and that they are testing on him and gets pissed, then snaps when she see's his dismembered corpse being tested on.

After seeing it with the Mandalorian and now this, Disney+ was absolutely correct releasing their most popular shows weekly.  These are being talked about 2-3 months instead of 2-3 weeks and building lots of buzz.  Of course it is dependent on the content being good, but they are definitely getting way more publicity and buzz this way.  Something hot drops on Netflix and it's all over social media for a week or two, but then it's gone.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Broncofan said:

This was definitely Full House.  The opening credits with baby shots and song type were pulled straight from that playbook. 

EDIT:  It wasn't Full House - it was Growing Pains.....man they were all so cut from the similar cloth lol.

The painting a family portrait was Family Ties.  A little of everything.