WandaVision (Spoilers!)

Acgott

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I’ll probably watch the other miniseries as they come up cause why not but I never really cared about falcon or Bucky. Black widow got a decent send off in avengers, idk why we need a prequel for her when we know her fate, as information on her origin shouldn’t be necessary since she’s more interesting as mystery. 

It's no guarantee of success, but I imagine most ppl felt the same way about GOTG when it was announced.    I mean, as you said - you got into the series way more than you thought you would.  

Until the MCU really drops the ball, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

I kept waiting for Strange or someone to show up there toward the end, but ultimately I liked the way they finished this series off. 

I can't wait to see what direction they take Wanda's story and I'm interested to see how this all plays out moving forward. They've got to me waiting to introduce mutants and the F4 at some point...I just wonder when/how. 

4 minutes ago, D82 said:

I kept waiting for Strange or someone to show up there toward the end, but ultimately I liked the way they finished this series off. 

I can't wait to see what direction they take Wanda's story and I'm interested to see how this all plays out moving forward. They've got to me waiting to introduce mutants and the F4 at some point...I just wonder when/how. 

I think the Jon Watts MCU FF movie is supposed to be coming in about 15-18 months, so that ball is going to get rolling soon.

Totally agree that keeping this contained as Wanda's story was the right way to go despite hoping to see a big name drop in.

Edited by THE DUKE

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

The episode has aired, so here come the spoilers

• Loved loved loved the Vision on Vision stuff.  The fight was good, but the logical argument about the Ship of Theseus and how that directly correlated to Vision himself was a very nice touch.
  • Wanda placing the runes on the walls of the hex was a nice touch.  I knew something to do with those was going to come back, but I definitely did not put 2 and 2 together while it was happening.
  • I kind of wish the kids angle would just be done rather than what we may have seen in the 2nd end credit scene.  I love that she is studying the darkhold though.  And she was in the astral plane doing that, right?  Good call back to the first Dr Strange movie and him doing that.
  • The series did an excellent job having a side story essentially being Monica Rambeau's origin story as well.  We know a little bit about her childhood because of CM, and we have a nice origin and initial display of her powers in this, and I think Teyonah Parris did a nice job making you pull for the character.
  • While I don't think the goodbye to her kids was quite on point, the goodbye to Vision was pitch perfect.  I am a little confused on where the actual Vision is at this point though.  He has his memories back, but he is also still void of the mindstone, so what kind of differences will there be?
  • I'm glad that Agatha Harkness will still be around in some capacity.  I have to assume she gets loose by Multiverse of Madness.
  • So Fietro is just some dude named Bohner and his powers were just a spell from Agatha?  I appreciate the swerve using Peters, but I really wish he was actually ripped from the Multi-verse, even if it was Agatha that did it, so we could start breaking down those barriers.  It would have allowed them to pick and choose what they wanted from the Fox X-Men and abandon the rest.  It's probably better though keeping them separate if

Its a theory/opinion that kind of goes with both your points here. The kids angle with the scarlet witch is Wiccan and Speed which are X-Men, if you go based off of the comics. So while you want the kid angle to end in theory it is just the beginning as they may have already thought of future shows/movies as they appeared in X-men comics years ago. Not sure if it will fully develop but there will be future talks and links. Not to mention they need to show something in order to get to season 2 of the show or have a movie to spin off from it. Finding the new vision and the children may be what season 2 will be about for Wanda. 

Overall wasnt what I was expecting, and I thought that it was going to be a 1 and done series but the ending with so many open ended questions this can be extended for a 2nd season if they chose to do so as well as open up more to the x-men universe. 

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

The kids angle with the scarlet witch is Wiccan and Speed which are X-Men, if you go based off of the comics.

Wiccan and Speed are Younger Avengers, not X-Men, but of course that can be changed in the MCU.

30 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

They are actually both. They were in the 80s for Xmen and then recreated in the mid 2000s when avengers started to become big. 

Ah thank you! It be interesting where they go, being they removed the mutant label from Wanda. I’ll just wait for her to rewrite history in Strange 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

They are actually both. They were in the 80s for Xmen and then recreated in the mid 2000s when avengers started to become big. 

They weren't ever in the X-Men and they’re weren’t mutants. In the 80’s, you only ever saw them as young children in West Coast Avengers (I forget if John Byrne used them in FF as well) and even that didn’t last that long. Mephisto absorbed Tommy and Billy after he discovered Wanda stole some of his power to create them. Shortly after Agatha mind-wiped Wanda to make her forget about the children. It wasn’t until Wasp mentions the children in Avengers: Disassembled that she remembered them and flipped out killing multiple Avengers bcuz of it. 

Speed and Wiccan didn’t appear until Young Avengers in 2006.  I’m not sure what the current versions are whether they’re reincarnated or whatever silly explanation they’re using for their return. I loved Jim Cheung’s artwork but didn’t care for Young Avengers to stick around to find out. But like Duke said, this is all subject to reinterpretation via the MCU. 

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Didn’t like the finale, but maybe it’s because I expected too much

The show was a little slow early on but I definitely enjoyed it as it went on although I agree that I was a little disappointed by the finale. It was good but it felt a little rushed, would've liked it to be spread across two episodes with a little more time dedicated to wrapping things up. But they definitely can make a second season, imo. 

With the state of the world and the uncertainty of the future of movie theaters, I think Disney did a nice job showcasing how a 9-10 episode series can be used to develop a world/tell a story. I'd love to see more big budget shows in the Star Wars/Marvel world that mirror what HBO did with GOT. 

18 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I still think quicksilver was the real quicksilver. Just from another dimension. And that will be explained in the new strange movie. 

Saw a theory- Woo said he had someone in witness protection in the city. It could have been quicksilver and his witness protection name change was Ralph Bohner. Explains why he giggled at the name Bohner in the show cause he still finds it funny that his new last name is Bohner. If he was just someone under the control of a spell. How would he have the powers he had, especially to hurt someone like Monica