WandaVision (Spoilers!)

Acgott

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Seems like a weekly tradition for me to wake up Friday morning, drink my coffee and watch the newest ep.

I won't say anything about ep 4 until the discussion starts in here.

That’s my routine as well! Can’t risk spoilers 

• Like 1

Ok, I think i'm ready to unload now.

• Loved loved loved the opening sequence of people flaking back into existence.  A great introduction to the adult Monica Rambo, and just a cool scene in how it was done and the panic surrounding it.  We know she followed in her mom's footsteps, but I assume we won't get too much detail on her until Captain Marvel 2.
  • Did a nice job of establishing SWORD in the MCU without going into the back story yet.
  • A very nice job of technically explaining what was happening.  Some magic mcguffinness too it, but that is too be expected for these types of series.
  • Love that the "cast" are the real people of the town and are being compelled by Wanda to play along.  Noticed some sheer terror in episode 3, and that ties into that.
  • The steel wire turning into a jump rope was a nice touch as well, and his hazmat suit becoming he bee keepers outfit.
  • It's interesting to see how when Wanda blips things back on course what they see on screen being essentially a hard cut like no time has passed.
  • Lot and lots and lots and lots of Vision questions.  Is his actual body in there with her?  Her seeing dead Vision talking to her was freaky as hell, and the fact he seems to have some independent thought outside of the "script" might lead credence to the idea that his body is actually in there and is being powered by Wanda's power or some other external source but part of his essence remains, even without the mind stone (perhaps the Vibranium has properties helping this?).  Also he seems to be fighting it like the towns people are, but if he is being powered by Wanda, that would explain why that despite being tremendously powerful, he can't fight it more.
  • Still need to see a reason why Wanda went nuts, as she seemed relatively normal the last time we saw her which was at the Stark funeral.  We need to see why this breakdown happened.  I know she was gone for the 5 years and in Endgame was when she was just immediately back and was fueled by revenge, but she didn't seem unhinged.
  • Randall Park and Kat Dennings were good enough.  Not sure why they sent him from Cali to NJ, but I like Park, so glad he's there.  I assume Dennings wasn't vanished as she's now a Dr and respected scientist.  Curious if Jane Foster was blipped or not.

Can't wait for next week!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Ok, I think i'm ready to unload now.

• Loved loved loved the opening sequence of people flaking back into existence.  A great introduction to the adult Monica Rambo, and just a cool scene in how it was done and the panic surrounding it.  We know she followed in her mom's footsteps, but I assume we won't get too much detail on her until Captain Marvel 2.
  • Did a nice job of establishing SWORD in the MCU without going into the back story yet.
  • A very nice job of technically explaining what was happening.  Some magic mcguffinness too it, but that is too be expected for these types of series.
  • Love that the "cast" are the real people of the town and are being compelled by Wanda to play along.  Noticed some sheer terror in episode 3, and that ties into that.
  • The steel wire turning into a jump rope was a nice touch as well, and his hazmat suit becoming he bee keepers outfit.
  • It's interesting to see how when Wanda blips things back on course what they see on screen being essentially a hard cut like no time has passed.
  • Lot and lots and lots and lots of Vision questions.  Is his actual body in there with her?  Her seeing dead Vision talking to her was freaky as hell, and the fact he seems to have some independent thought outside of the "script" might lead credence to the idea that his body is actually in there and is being powered by Wanda's power or some other external source but part of his essence remains, even without the mind stone (perhaps the Vibranium has properties helping this?).  Also he seems to be fighting it like the towns people are, but if he is being powered by Wanda, that would explain why that despite being tremendously powerful, he can't fight it more.
  • Still need to see a reason why Wanda went nuts, as she seemed relatively normal the last time we saw her which was at the Stark funeral.  We need to see why this breakdown happened.  I know she was gone for the 5 years and in Endgame was when she was just immediately back and was fueled by revenge, but she didn't seem unhinged.
  • Randall Park and Kat Dennings were good enough.  Not sure why they sent him from Cali to NJ, but I like Park, so glad he's there.  I assume Dennings wasn't vanished as she's now a Dr and respected scientist.  Curious if Jane Foster was blipped or not.

Can't wait for next week!

Revenge can be a powerful thing. People who undergo trauma can be completely fine when fueled by adrenaline/anger...but as soon as that passes, can lose it. 

You figure she's had to deal with the death of her parents, losing her brother, and then ultimately losing the man she loved - twice, once by her own hands. That's a lot to take in and deal with. 

This was a great episode, and now we know it's definitely Wanda who is manipulating things. 

So the mystery guy in witness protection that never existed is probably the villain, who is influencing Wanda. Lots of theories out there, leading ones are Mephisto and Nightmare. After this, it seems to lean away from it being Nightmare.

• Like 1

I will say that last week's spoiler tag I couldn't get to work was exactly this outcome - well, without the Darcy/Jimmy goodness ("What?  I"m invested" LOL) and the Jimmy card trick mastery (LOL).

Just a huge payoff to the first 3 eps.  That was an unbelievable first 5 mins.   The MCU has such great service & continuity for its fans.

Now *I'M INVESTED*.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1