CeeDee Lamb, Best WR in Dallas

Texas_OutLaw7

1 hour ago, buddy_z34 said:

Over time I do agree Lamb will have the best jump ball skills. But right now, its Gallup. Gallup's on field speed is faster than his clocked time. Why do you think Gallup is always the one they run on go routes?? 

He isn’t always the one. They run Amari on deep routes as well, I mean Amari has the longest catch so far this year. It just depends on the playcall and coverage. 

Edited by DaBoys

35 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

He isn’t always the one. They run Amari on deep routes as well, I mean Amari has the longest catch so far this year. It just depends on the playcall and coverage. 

Out of curiosity, how would you define our WR's? 

When we need to move the chains, we throw it to the best route runner, Amari.

When we need a big play deep that may be a contested catch, Gallup. 

CeeDee has the highest potential; he's the one to rule them all.

Brown is the best Run-Blocker. 

39 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Best big play threat right now is Gallup. Doesnt mean he is the fastest. Just like Dez was a big play/deep threat but wasn't overly fast.

Gallup high points the ball very well.

Cooper is the fastest and best route runner.

Lamb is the best after the catch and beat hands.

11 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Amari and CeeDee are elite talents imo. Amari is the faster shiftier WR but softer, CD is the tougher WR that eventually will be better than Amari, but may never be as fast. 

Gallup is a high end #2 WR that’s a bit overrated on this board. You guys may think he is some DJax speedster because you spy with your little eye that he runs 9 routes a lot, but he isn’t. When was the last time Gallup had 3 or 4 yards of separation on those go routes, caught the ball, and absolutely scorched the defense after the catch? It doesn’t happen. He is an excellent route runner, but he isn’t John Ross, he isn’t DJax, and he isn’t a Tyreek Hill. He is just a #2 WR that gets left in single coverage a lot. 

Just google “Michael Gallup draft scout”

I’m not the only one who doesn’t think he is a burner. Before or after the pros.

“Gallup isn't the best vertical receiver in the world, as he doesn't have the burning speed or unique explosiveness, though his second gear can surprise unsuspecting corners at times. With that said, he generates more than enough vertical push in his routes to generate downfield throwing windows, and that threat allows him to snap off comeback routes with a lot of success in isolated situations on the outside.”

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/michael-gallup-dallas-cowboys-courtland-sutton-amari-cooper-2018-nfl-draft-wide-receiver

Perfect way to describe him.

And this BTW is from a site, trying to make the case for him being the best WR in the class.

“Gallup is a distinctly better route runner than Moore, who continues to have issues getting off of press coverage. Gallup’s physicality and toughness stand out against a smaller player like Ridley. Gallup has demonstrated higher peaks of on-field play than both players to the point where I am comfortable ranking Gallup above both.

The final hurdle to clear is Sutton, and this is where it just comes down to picking your flavor of ice cream. Sutton is similar to Gallup: a physical specimen who dominates with size, catch point aggression and strength. Sutton is an improving route runner and sneaky good yards-after-catch machine. Gallup and Sutton had extremely equivalent Year 2 seasons with Gallup coming in as slightly more efficient and explosive on slightly fewer targets.

Sutton still does things on film that Gallup doesn't in terms of tracking and addressing the football downfield, which leads to more explosive plays, while Gallup is a better release player against press coverage, which helps him be more consistent underneath and intermediate. It is worth noting that Gallup was as productive as Sutton as the titular WR2 on his team, drawing CB2s in coverage but only getting six fewer targets than Amari Cooper, while Sutton invariably was WR1 and sometimes got doubled.”

Also, Calvin Ridley had a better showing than Gallup last week in the h2h battle. So I’m not sure it’s a 2 horse race for that title. 

Edited by DaBoys

Gallup owns a good combination of size and speed with an ability to high-point the ball, make difficult sideline catches, and plus run-after-catch acumen. Boasting quick feet, good hands and an ability to break off his route, Gallup can gain separation despite not having blazing speed.

https://www.nfl.com/news/cowboys-select-receiver-michael-gallup-in-third-round-0ap3000000929667

His play speed is phenomenal, as he’s got a turbo button that he can hit at any moment. Some wide receivers lack multiple gears, but not Gallup. The reason he’s able to create so much separation on his deep routes aren’t because of his long-speed (4.51-second 40-yard dash), but because of the way he uses those gears. Once he has the ball in his hands, his speed is solid, though not spectacular. He’s not someone who will get caught from behind, though, so it’s not going to be an issue.

https://www.fantasypros.com/2018/03/scouting-profile-wide-receiver-michael-gallup/

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller: "Michael Gallup is an interesting prospect because he fits the bill with size, athleticism and hands. The biggest adjustment will be going from limited time at Colorado State to the NFL. He's a player to watch for in Year 3 and to not expect a ton from right away."

NFL.com's Lance Zierlein: "Natural athlete with good size who finds ways to get open through burst and athletic ability. Gallup has posted outstanding production during his two years in the Mountain West at Colorado State, but his level of play took a dip in his matchup against Alabama early in the season. Gallup is still a little raw, but is quickly fine-tuning his game and may have the ability to become a good WR2 in the league."

Draft Wire's Luke Easterling: "A strong, well-built pass-catcher with a solid frame, Gallup uses his physicality to out-muscle defenders for contested catches, as well as break tackles after the catch. He may not have the elite physical traits of some of this year's other top receiver prospects, but he's a well-rounded player who should make an immediate impact at the next level."

Edited by DaBoys

Basically nobody considers Gallup a speedster except Cowboys fans that see him run 9 routes. He is fast, but that’s not how he wins. Amaris’ entire game is built on running away from people. In fact, Amari is pretty useless if a defender is close to him. His game is built on speed and shiftiness. He is our fastest WR of the 3. No question.

5 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

No...this is where you are wrong. He's not a speedster. In fact it's a component that Dallas offense lacks. I just think he's the fastest of the Dallas WRs. But he's not DK. No Hill. no hollywood. I have no idea what gave you that impression. 

Because I think it would take a speedster to truly be considered faster than a guy who ran a 4.42 at the combine and has done nothing in the NFL to suggest he is slower than his actual timed speed. As I said, Amari is not a catch in traffic guy. His whole game is built on speed and quickness. He is very good at it, and he times out accordingly. 

Michael Gallup is a complete route runner, and aggressive on the ball. He is also fast, and has some size. He is a good catch in traffic guy as well.

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Because I think it would take a speedster to truly be considered faster than a guy who ran a 4.42 at the combine and has done nothing in the NFL to suggest he is slower than his actual timed speed. As I said, Amari is not a catch in traffic guy. His whole game is built on speed and quickness. He is very good at it, and he times out accordingly. 

Michael Gallup is a complete route runner, and aggressive on the ball. He is also fast, and has some size. He is a good catch in traffic guy as well.

Maybe I'm misreading, but are you advocating that Gallup is a better route runner? I agree he's improved from his rookie year, but I'm certainly not ready to come close to making that claim.  

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Maybe I'm misreading, but are you advocating that Gallup is a better route runner? I agree he's improved from his rookie year, but I'm certainly not ready to come close to making that claim.  

Absolutely not. Cooper is one of the best in the world. I think Gallup is better in traffic, I think he is tougher. I think he has similar hands to Cooper. Good not great. I think he is more aggressive on the ball than Cooper though, so I give him the Hands advantage. I get why they throw it up to Gallup when they need a play, because I think he high points better than Amari. 

Amari is faster and quicker, but if both are covered I like Gallup.

I think Lamb will eventually be the jump ball guy though

Edited by DaBoys

17 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Over time I do agree Lamb will have the best jump ball skills. But right now, its Gallup. Gallup's on field speed is faster than his clocked time. Why do you think Gallup is always the one they run on go routes?? 

Because Coop is better at the  intermediate type routes and can handle the bump and grind better in getting off the LOS as well as the slants.  With Lamb I hope to see like the falcons game more deep routes to Coop. He would be better but,  that is one of the values of our three all of them are very versatile 

I had to edit to make clear I just think Coop is more experienced in handling and running the right route and jump balls not withstanding I do think Coop has a larger catch radius 

Edited by quiller