CeeDee Lamb, Best WR in Dallas

Texas_OutLaw7

24 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Gallup was the fastest player with the ball last week. 

(Note that is the fastest of all time. But give all the cuts/angles/defenders etc gallup reached the fastest speed)

Gallup has a little TO/Dez to his game.  I think he's underutilized on offense.  Cooper is a silky smooth route runner who, IMO, Dak tends to fixate on a little bit.  Lamb kinda reminds me of Deandre Hopkins and I think the sky is the limit.  Cooper averages about 12 targets a game.  Gallup averages about 6 targets a game.  Lamb averages about 7 targets a game.   Yesterday, Zeke had 12 targets (14 yards on 12 targets will earn you a JS award every week).  IMO, I'd like to see Gallup steal some  of the cooper targets.  The more gallup is involved on deeper throws... it tends to open up things for everyone else.  A lot of those Zeke targets should have gone to Lamb on quick hitting throws and let him work his magic after the catch. 

• Like 1

It is highly doubtful that this pace is sustainable, but for fun, this is what the WR projected 16 game stats are:

Amari - 133 catches, 1,424 yards

Gallup - 59 catches, 1,312 yards

CeeDee - 85 catches, 1,226 yards

-133 catches for Amari would rank #5 on the all-time single-season receptions list, and he would be the first Cowboy's receiver other than Michael Irvin to have more than 1,400 yards in a season.

-No team in NFL history has ever had three 1,200 yard receivers

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

14 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

It is highly doubtful that this pace is sustainable, but for fun, this is what the WR projected 16 game stats are:

-133 catches for Amari would rank #5 on the all-time single-season receptions list, and he would be the first Cowboy's receiver other than Michael Irvin to have more than 1,400 yards in a season.

Amari is soooo getting cut in 2 years.

I think the bidding war for Gallup is gonna be obscene.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Amari is soooo getting cut in 2 years.

I think the bidding war for Gallup is gonna be obscene.

I hope they can get a deal done with Gallup after this season.

The 2022 franchise tag seems destined for Gallup if he doesn't sign. And the signing bonus alone from a deal with Dallas would immediately bump his net worth more than 10-fold. He'd get started on being a rich man 1 year earlier, wouldn't have to uplift his life and move, and could secure his long-term earnings against major injury.

53 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

What is the realistic trade market for Gallup?  Cooper is still young.  Lamb is going to be terrific.  I see Jamal Adams and Jalen Ramsey trades and can’t help but think... what if...

I dont think we would get more than a 2nd.

He is a really good receiver that I think benefits from the attention Cooper and Zeke get.

Lots of other good young receivers in the league, not to mention given the new rules it is much easier of a transition to play receiver right out of college.

4 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

What is the realistic trade market for Gallup?  Cooper is still young.  Lamb is going to be terrific.  I see Jamal Adams and Jalen Ramsey trades and can’t help but think... what if...

Vikings got a 1st round pick (+ and - some late round picks that roughly balanced out) for Stephon Diggs. I'd consider that from a bad franchise. 

If you got anything approaching the Ramsey/Adams trade, but if you could, you would have to do it.

Also consider that the 2021 WR class is supposed to be even better than 2020. I doubt you could get anything close to 2 first round picks.

11 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

And we will lose the majority of our games 40 to 30 something because we can score, no problem.

But our defense couldn't stop my dead grandparents.

5 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

And we will lose the majority of our games 40 to 30 something because we can score, no problem.

But our defense couldn't stop my dead grandparents.

God. You are exhausting. This is a fun thread about our rookie WR being the GOAT and his two princely teammates. Please pick any one of another dozen threads to complain about the defense. 

Unless you are proposing CeeDee okay CB. Which...now thinking about it. Is a FANTASTIC idea. 

CeeDiggs, the alphabet secondary. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

God. You are exhausting. This is a fun thread about our rookie WR being the GOAT and his two princely teammates. Please pick any one of another dozen threads to complain about the defense. 

Unless you are proposing CeeDee okay CB. Which...now thinking about it. Is a FANTASTIC idea. 

CeeDiggs, the alphabet secondary. 

Lol! I'm a dangerous man with some money in my pocket!!!

😚

How bout:

Cee Dee Lamb = 1st round pick

Dal Prescott = 2nd round pick

LVE = 3rd round pick

T. Smith = a ball bag

Z. Elliott = 3rd round pick

Off season

Priority - get a real coach

Two 1st round picks

Two 2nd round picks

Three 3rd round picks

Needs:

QB, OL, WR, RB, LB, DB, DL

And go from there.

Because keeping these players will only serve to waste their careers like:

Witten, Romo, Barber, Ware (except for his SB with Den) and a host of other suckers that lost their chance at a trophy playing for a fool.

Edited by Rtnldave