CeeDee Lamb, Best WR in Dallas

Texas_OutLaw7

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

I think Dallas would like a do over.....

Ed Werder@WerderEdESPN· 33m
Research confirms observation that #Cowboys played lot of snaps without WR Amari Cooper. In fact, according to @pfref, Cooper’s snap count percentage has decreased weekly from 94 percent to 91, 79, 76 and 63 yesterday vs NYG.

This speaks well of MG and CD for sure, but also think he can throw Wilson’s development into mix as well.  

No doubt. Sucks we're stuck with him for another season. 

Hahahahahaha

Amari Cooper is on pace for a career high in yards this season, what were they expecting from him if "best year of his career" wasn't going to be good enough?

CeeDee Lamb only played 55% of the snaps yesterday... do they want a do-over on him, too?

Dallas has put together a historically explosive skill position group, and people will try to convince you that the Cowboys regret it. 

"But are the too explosive?"

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Hahahahahaha

Amari Cooper is on pace for a career high in yards this season, what were they expecting from him if "best year of his career" wasn't going to be good enough?

CeeDee Lamb only played 55% of the snaps yesterday... do they want a do-over on him, too?

Dallas has put together a historically explosive skill position group, and people will try to convince you that the Cowboys regret it. 

"But are the too explosive?"

I don’t think they necessarily regret anything, Nor do I tbh, who knew CD was going to be gift wrapped to us. I’m just saying a do over as right now I’d be totally comfortable rolling with MG, CD, Wilson and having Coop’s 20m allotted to some defensive help. 
There’s not a thing wrong with having a multitude of offensive fire power, just wish we had some on the other side.

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I don’t think they necessarily regret anything, Nor do I tbh, who knew CD was going to be gift wrapped to us. I’m just saying a do over as right now I’d be totally comfortable rolling with MG, CD, Wilson and having Coop’s 20m allotted to some defensive help. 
There’s not a thing wrong with having a multitude of offensive fire power, just wish we had some on the other side.

It's also the rub with giving a guy a long term deal as a means to lowering the 1st year cap hit. Spreading that money out not only makes it hard to move off of the player, it makes it untradeable

With this season in the dumps, and Lamb/Gallup/Wilson being legit, moving Cooper for a pick and freeing up the capspace for next season would be the most prudent thing to do

45 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

If we are talking magic do-overs, I think here are a few they might consider:

• re-signing Jaylon Smith
  • re-signing Ezekiel Elliott
  • Taco over TJ Watt
  • Trysten Hill over Juan Thornhill
  • Not re-signing Dak 2 years ago
  • Letting Byron walk

But not re-signing the on-pace-for 1,300 yards receiver who very consistently takes on the opposing teams best cornerback and opens stuff up for the rest of the offense? I think they'd do that deal again.

12 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

If we are talking magic do-overs, I think here are a few they might consider:

• re-signing Jaylon Smith
  • re-signing Ezekiel Elliott
  • Taco over TJ Watt
  • Trysten Hill over Juan Thornhill
  • Not re-signing Dak 2 years ago
  • Letting Byron walk

But not re-signing the on-pace-for 1,300 yards receiver who very consistently takes on the opposing teams best cornerback and opens stuff up for the rest of the offense? I think they'd do that deal again.

Now that Dak is lost for the season, I doubt the Cowboys regret not having him locked up for several more years. They are probably pretty happy he was playing on a tag. 

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

Now that Dak is lost for the season, I doubt the Cowboys regret not having him locked up for several more years. They are probably pretty happy he was playing on a tag. 

I'm not going to devolve this thread into yet another Dak re-signing thread. My apologies for giving it even a tiny bit of oxygen here.