Giants Post Game

dll2000

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Its a personnel thing.   He is in game as a TE and then lines up at FB on occasion. Harder to match up with that way.

But I agree a specialized FB would be better.  

It would seem to me to be a priority as far as scouring some PS rosters to see if there's someone available who fits much as we did by nabbing that NT from Pitt.

There are more experienced vets on some of these PS now.

Anyway, fixing this and trying to get Leno to actually engage his man when he run blocks instead of simply getting in his way or flopping to trip him up is another priority that needs to be addressed.

5 minutes ago, soulman said:

It would seem to me to be a priority as far as scouring some PS rosters to see if there's someone available who fits much as we did by nabbing that NT from Pitt.

There are more experienced vets on some of these PS now.

Anyway, fixing this and trying to get Leno to actually engage his man when he run blocks instead of simply getting in his way or flopping to trip him up is another priority that needs to be addressed.

Leno may be who he is at this point.

I thought Holtz would do a good job there preseason.  He hasn’t.  But it is a relatively easy thing to do skill wise.   He needs to get aggressive and get his face in there.  

I probably wouldn’t give him a 3rd game.  Bears are more patient than me.  I would be more patient if he was erring with aggression.  But he is erring with Namby Pamby play.  

• Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 6:06 AM, dll2000 said:

Leno may be who he is at this point.

I thought Holtz would do a good job there preseason.  He hasn’t.  But it is a relatively easy thing to do skill wise.   He needs to get aggressive and get his face in there.  

I probably wouldn’t give him a 3rd game.  Bears are more patient than me.  I would be more patient if he was erring with aggression.  But he is erring with Namby Pamby play.  

Leno has never been a great run blocker and never will be but damn.  Ya' gotta do more than just obstruct a DLs path to the ball carrier.  He barely even slows people down.

I was high on Holtz as a FB/HB as well but man.   He looks like little boy lost out there.

Most roster guys will get those first 3-4 games to round into shape and correct their mistakes so the seconds are ticking away for him.  We could easily dump him back on the PS and bring in a true FB provided we can find one who we can slide into place quickly.