Week 3: Titans (2-0) at VIKINGS (0-2)

swede700

5 hours ago, -Hope- said:

our defense was bad enough against the jaguars that i'm worried about cousins having a get-right game vs us. we couldn't stop a damn thing. we've got a few edge rushers getting healthy that will hopefully help, as we've been basically playing the same two all game for two weeks, which has been very rough. however, our CB depth (like yours, it seems) is extremely depleted. i think it's very pessimistic on y'alls part to predict only scoring 3 points against us, lol.

i expect and hope that we will win reeeelatively comfortably (by a TD or two) but i think you all having your backs against the wall and being at home will make this a tough matchup for us. here's hoping for a good game with (please, please) no more injuries.

I don’t think playing at home really matters anymore in a covid world. Zimmer’s teams have struggled in games away from home. Might explain the lack of intensity on defense, in addition to not having a lot of talent up front.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

The real question is “how many yards will Derrick Henry run for?” I’m expecting the Titans to run for 200 and Henry to have about 150 of those. This team simply cannot stop the run. Our starting DTs are among the worst in the league, and now we’re going to be  trotting out scrubs to replace Barr. It’s gonna be ugly. 

31 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

The real question is “how many yards will Derrick Henry run for?” I’m expecting the Titans to run for 200 and Henry to have about 150 of those. This team simply cannot stop the run. Our starting DTs are among the worst in the league, and now we’re going to be  trotting out scrubs to replace Barr. It’s gonna be ugly. 

To look on the bright side, the Titans' defense (22nd) isn't much better against the run than the Vikings (23rd) according to Football Outsiders.  Just keep handing it off to Dalvin all game long.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

To look on the bright side, the Titans' defense (22nd) isn't much better against the run than the Vikings (23rd) according to Football Outsiders.  Just keep handing it off to Dalvin all game long.

How does DVOA work again? The higher the negative number the better the defense is at defending the run or pass? For example I looked up WASH and they were -52% against the pass does that mean theyre 52% better than the league average against the pass?

53 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

I'm guessing TN has an offensive line.....which MN still does not. 

Apparently, that's not entirely accurate, as according to NFL Next Gen Stats, Kirk Cousins has had the 3rd most time to throw in the entire NFL the first 2 weeks and according to FootballOutsiders, the adjusted line yards from the offensive line is #4 in the entire NFL.  So, the O-Line is doing a competent job.  Data Analytics seem to exemplify that, at least offensively, it's been Kirk that has been the problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

How does DVOA work again? The higher the negative number the better the defense is at defending the run or pass? For example I looked up WASH and they were -52% against the pass does that mean theyre 52% better than the league average against the pass?

Yes, it's comparison to the league average based on situation and opponent...Washington has been 52% better than the league average against the pass. 

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Apparently, that's not entirely accurate, as according to NFL Next Gen Stats, Kirk Cousins has had the 3rd most time to throw in the entire NFL the first 2 weeks and according to FootballOutsiders, the adjusted line yards from the offensive line is #4 in the entire NFL.  So, the O-Line is doing a competent job.  Data Analytics seem to exemplify that, at least offensively, it's been Kirk that has been the problem.

Play action and longer developing routes sort of skew those numbers.

• Like 1