The way too early do over

LionArkie

5 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Especially if they could get fired after two years with the most recent year having lost their franchise QB halfway through the season. It would be hard to attract good quality candidates with such a quick hook. 

Had the 49ers taken the same approach, they would have fired Shanahan and not have had last years 13-3 + SB appearance.  

This is going to derail the conversation quickly. The last 177 topic posts on here end up being one group saying give them more time, and one group saying they all need to be fired no matter the original intent of the posts. I was hoping this wasn't going to happen here. It's getting a little boring.

Edited by LionArkie

1 minute ago, LionArkie said:

This is going to derail the conversation quickly. The last 177 topic posts on here end up being one group saying give them more time, and one group saying they all need to be fired no matter the original intent of the posts. I was hoping this wasn't going to happen here. It's getting a little boring.

I'm not talking about Quinn or Patricia specifically. Just that the new HC should be given a timeframe to execute their plan. @Nnivolcm has indicated that for his part of this thread, 1) he would fire Patricia; 2) would not commit to a candidate; 3) Is commenting on how nobody of quality would want to play for the Fords. 

Firing a HC after 2 years is going to give any quality candidate pause, which is what is being done in this exercise. In hindsight, firing Patricia before this off-season might have been the right move. It would still have some consequence and potentially be a deterrent to another coach that has a few choices from selecting us as their preferred choice. 

In hindsight, I would select Mike Vrabel over Matt Patricia as our Head Coach. We probably would not need to have this discussion if we had. 

specifically, I wanted to know if anyone would have drafted differently last year.  I was hoping to keep coaching/front office decisions and everything else out of it because it always gets derailed. I wasn't really interested in "hire the right coach and we have no problems".

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

If we are sitting at 3, I'm still taking Okudah. He was my 2nd highest rated player after Chase young. Just because he hasn't torn it up after two games doesn't mean he was the wrong choice. Our issues are with management, IMO. 

Thanks for responding. I can definitely see this.  He's a great player and I believe he will be a pro bowler.

52 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

If we are sitting at 3, I'm still taking Okudah. He was my 2nd highest rated player after Chase young. Just because he hasn't torn it up after two games doesn't mean he was the wrong choice. Our issues are with management, IMO. 

Thoughts on CJ Henderson two weeks in? He had a great week 1 but I haven't heard/looked into his week 2.

Edited by Karnage84
  • Like 1

I was wondering how Derrick Brown was looking as well.  As Ive expressed, I wasn't high on him or as high as Kinlaw, but if ends up being what everyone said he was, he would have been my type of player.

29.9 PFF Score with 29.9 Run Defense and 58(?) Pass rush score. 

So...not good. 

Just now, Karnage84 said:

29.9 PFF Score with 29.9 Run Defense and 58(?) Pass rush score. 

So...not good. 

Hopefully for him he turns it around, but I'd be lying if I said it doesn't please me to be right every once in a while.  I know it's early in his career though.

Hopefully for him he turns it around, but I'd be lying if I said it doesn't please me to be right every once in a while.  I know it's early in his career though.

Chase Young is 81.1. Not gonna lie, totally forgot about Andrew Thomas to the Giants. Im going to put out a list of the 1st round with PFF scores in a different thread.