Jump to content
LionArkie

The way too early do over

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I recall Suh insisting that his agent was handling the contract, and that he would accept the best offer. It was my understanding that we could've kept him had we wanted to.

If you're receiving a $100M offer, the income tax would play a role. I don't know what Michigan's tax rate is but if you're looking at a 20% rate, the Lions would have had to offer $120M just to match or come close to Miami's. That's an annualized cap hit of $24M vs $20M. As much as I liked Suh the player, you're going to handcuff your team committing that kind of money to one guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

If you're receiving a $100M offer, the income tax would play a role. I don't know what Michigan's tax rate is but if you're looking at a 20% rate, the Lions would have had to offer $120M just to match or come close to Miami's. That's an annualized cap hit of $24M vs $20M. As much as I liked Suh the player, you're going to handcuff your team committing that kind of money to one guy. 

Yeah, I don't disagree. I'm just not sure if things would've been different had Schwartz remained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yeah, I don't disagree. I'm just not sure if things would've been different had Schwartz remained.

I feel like Schwartz would have banged the drum for someone like Donald over Ebron knowing that you're going to lose at least one of the two guys in Suh or Fairley. Nobody has a clue on how it really would have played out. However if your HC is a defensive minded coach that runs his defense front to back and emphasizes pressure from the defensive line, I have to imagine there would have been a preference there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe Dobbins over Swift? otherwise i would have kept the draft the same. way to early to say.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest issue with Suh was his horribly structured contract which made the franchise tag not an option. The franchise tag is great leverage when negotiating a long term contract prior to free agency. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

maybe Dobbins over Swift? otherwise i would have kept the draft the same. way to early to say.

Dobbins was my rb man crush.  He's on all my fantasy teams lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LionArkie said:

Dobbins was my rb man crush.  He's on all my fantasy teams lol.

dobbins is going be a beast, not saying i dont like swift hell be good to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...