GDT: at Seahawks - 09/27 @4:25pm - Team 40 Burger

Texas_OutLaw7

1 hour ago, quiller said:

I think we should take heart in the fact that really this team Had almost zero problems throwing the ball against the falcons even with out their top three OT. It was the fumbles that gave ATL 20 points in the game.  On the other side yes we struggled to get stops.  
Seattle will be even harder to contain.  I just don’t see how we stop Wilson Carson Locket and comp. I don’t know who their main TE is but I think they are not up to the level of who we faced so far.  I just hope that slows Nolan to blitz  Smith amd or woods a lot. If we get Lewis and Brown back that would be a huge lift to the D. I know there is a lot of hate for Awuzie and while yes he had a bad game he did make some plays and most of his problems IMO were on complicated pass routes and to be fair there are very few CB who could handle Ridley 1on1 all over the field and not get torched 

Lewis played Sunday and Brown isnon IR for minimum 2 more weeks.

17 hours ago, WizardHawk said:
Saad Yousuf@SaadYousuf126
· 5m
Mike McCarthy says there is a knee injury for DeMarcus Lawrence the Cowboys were keeping an eye on. We'll know more when the injury report is released on Wednesday.

Question his performance all you want, but this isn’t what we need at all.

Like it matters. He’s been invisible this far. Hell, he’s been invisible since 2019.

9 minutes ago, romo2bryant said:

I think we should start preparing for the end on Tyron, Obvious Fredbeard was a different situation. But wouldn't surprise me if Tyron randomly retires in the next couple of seasons.

Sadly, I think so too. 

45 minutes ago, romo2bryant said:

I think we should start preparing for the end on Tyron, Obvious Fredbeard was a different situation. But wouldn't surprise me if Tyron randomly retires in the next couple of seasons.

What, you don't like Terence Steele as LT of the future? 🤣

The Cowboys obviously know more than we do, but based on the info available, I think it's still too early to force a replacement. There's a pretty reasonable chance that you spend a high draft pick who barely actually ends up playing.

That said, if there is a "blinking light" LT on the board at some point, then we should definitely go for it. And obviously if Tyron is privately telling the Cowboys that he is close to the end of his rope, then we need to be more aggressive than that.

okay  here we go what a interesting game and one of if not the hardest game on our schedule.(top 6 for sure i have it top 3)

The loss to the rams means we need to win one of these "hard" games to even have a chance of going 9-7.  

While this game is very winnable as is all but the one at Baltimore I will not be devastated by a loss (I say that now). 

To win this game first we have to win the turn over battle for sure. That will help us keep it a close game.

The next part is we need our front 7 to play like they did in 2018 not last year and this year. NO giving up screens for 50 yards.. allow short drop off to the flat to go for 20. We also on D need to get Seattle off the field on 3rd down. I would say keep the %close to 40 or lower. Limit Carson right at or under 100 yards and Seattle as s team to under 3.5 YPC

On offense obviously limit the mental mistakes and stupid penalties. IT would be nice if Zeke got 100 plus yards but not necessary. as Dak-Lamp-Coop-Gallup-Brown-Schultz and even Bell have shown they can move the ball without a running game, the threat of the run is enough.  I saw a lot of play action passes against Atlanta that worked.  Our OL just needs to be steady, no opps... they should be better even this week.