GDT: at Seahawks - 09/27 @4:25pm - Team 40 Burger

Texas_OutLaw7

21 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I don't review the all-22 but I don't remmeber an issue with Chido.

You don’t remember a guy named Calvin Ridley?

The only time he is even remotely covered is when #27 guards him.

first TD was against Chido. 2nd was against #28(and was some of the worst coverage I’ve ever seen.) 

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

That, and the fact he was beat like a drum all night. But thats all.

Feel free to direct me to, like, any of these plays and show how they're not potentially someone's responsibility in our primarily zone defenses, Mr. All-22. Only other one I remember him being involved in was tackling Julio after Chido gave up the fourth down

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

first TD was against Chido. 2nd was against #28(and was some of the worst coverage I’ve ever seen.) 

That's 26, Jourdan Lewis, genius

4 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Feel free to direct me to, like, any of these plays and show how they're not potentially someone's responsibility in our primarily zone defenses, Mr. All-22. Only other one I remember him being involved in was tackling Julio after Chido gave up the fourth down

Bro, the Goaline pass to Ridley, #28 is all over him, until he gets Shook to the ground,  mr. didn’t watch the game. Whether he is in man or that is his shallow Zone there is zero doubt that Ridley was his guy

Edited by DaBoys

16 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

That's 26, Jourdan Lewis, genius

I stand corrected. Lewis had the coverage, not 28. And it was horrible coverage, but relatively simple to see that he was the one responsible 

Edited by DaBoys

There are several other plays where #28 WAS the guy getting burnt by Ridley in the video, and yes the dropped INT where he leaped as high as he could in the air to try and catch it by his waist. He has in no way been a crucial acquisition and our bottom 10 passing defense in no way deserves hype. Chido was playing poorly as well, and LEWIS had some of the worst coverage I’ve ever seen by the goal line.

#27 has been good, and great for a rookie. Woods has been okay I guess. But we haven’t held a team to under 270 yards passing yet and we have allowed the 7th most points.

There’s no way that Diggs is playing great, Woods is okay, theres nothing wrong with Chido, and Worley is a vital pick up when we can’t make a stop to save our lives. All of that can’t be true.

I see Diggs playing solidly. Everyone else has pretty much been terrible, and the numbers back that up

Edited by DaBoys

28 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I seem to remember Diggs on Ridley a lot. Or we played Zone. 

9 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

There are several other plays where #28 WAS the guy getting burnt by Ridley in the video, and yes the dropped INT where he leaped as high as he could in the air to try and catch it by his waist. He has in no way been a crucial acquisition and our bottom 10 passing defense in no way deserves hype. Chido was playing poorly as well, and LEWIS had some of the worst coverage I’ve ever seen by the goal line.

#27 has been good, and great for a rookie. Woods has been okay I guess. But we haven’t held a team to under 270 yards passing yet and we have allowed the 7th most points.

There’s no way that Diggs is playing great, Woods is okay, theres nothing wrong with Chido, and Worley is a vital pick up when we can’t make a stop to save our lives. All of that can’t be true.

I see Diggs playing solidly. Everyone else has pretty much been terrible, and the numbers back that up

He's changed positions and probably been the best of our three-pronged safety approach next to Woods. Now he's probably switching back again because we really have no other options besides a fourth round rookie from Tulsa. I'm worried about how he'll hold against another elite WR duo but no he obviously hasn't been horrid. Just because he's the closest player to Ridley on a given play doesn't make him solely responsible for giving up the reception.

I haven't really noticed Woods good or bad really. Chido and Diggs have both been up and down, Diggs more impressive overall, but they've both been picked on. Overall it looks like a secondary turning over half its players and its scheme, that just got victimized by an elite passing attack- think we all knew this was the team's Achilles heel and things would be rough to start off. It could be worse, and it could get better. I would tend to think, looking at our opponent this coming Sunday, it'll get worse before it gets better. But I just wasn't even necessarily expecting Worley to make the team back when he signed back in May, much less play, yes, crucial snaps at multiple positions in the early going.

2 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

He's changed positions and probably been the best of our three-pronged safety approach next to Woods. Now he's probably switching back again because we really have no other options besides a fourth round rookie from Tulsa. I'm worried about how he'll hold against another elite WR duo but no he obviously hasn't been horrid. Just because he's the closest player to Ridley on a given play doesn't make him solely responsible for giving up the reception.

I haven't really noticed Woods good or bad really. Chido and Diggs have both been up and down, Diggs more impressive overall, but they've both been picked on. Overall it looks like a secondary turning over half its players and its scheme, that just got victimized by an elite passing attack- think we all knew this was the team's Achilles heel and things would be rough to start off. It could be worse, and it could get better. I would tend to think, looking at our opponent this coming Sunday, it'll get worse before it gets better. But I just wasn't even necessarily expecting Worley to make the team back when he signed back in May, much less play, yes, crucial snaps at multiple positions in the early going.

Ah I see.

I just don’t think our DBs as a unit have been very good. We are seemingly thrilled with Diggs just because he doesn’t completely and totally suck. But as you said, it’s not like he has really done anything great either.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Ah I see.

I just don’t think our DBs as a unit have been very good. We are seemingly thrilled with Diggs just because he doesn’t completely and totally suck. But as you said, it’s not like he has really done anything great either.

sorry for getting smarmy. We all agree this secondary is no great shakes. Diggs seemingly being our best DB already is a testament to this

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Diggs was on Ridley some but was also covering Juilo Jones. Ridleys first TD was on Chido, his 2nd was on Lewis. Neither were covering him very well

We all know their limitations Diggs has the chance to be an elite cover guy Chido is solid but nothing special.   Both will be torched against elite WR / QB combos if we are not getting pressure against the QB.   Not having Chido just multiplied the chance of our secondary making critical errors against a experienced and elite passing offense.  If our front does not disrupt the timing of Seattle it will be a long game and yes resemble a video game

IMO first TD is what you will get if you expect our DB’s especially Chido to cover a elite WR 1on1 for an extended time.  The second was a coverage error  the DB committed inside where he had help making it a easy read for the WR to go outside