Our D-Line

djdunkenstein

It feels like its still preseason in a way and I'm not trying to jump to conclusions...However with that said with all of our big names on the d-line, I feel like they are already under producing. One thing that occurred to me and it may be the problem is that we shuffle that unit a lot and probably more than other teams. Do you guys think this is a potential issue? I get it keeping people fresh but I feel like it kinda kills momentum and doesnt allow players to get in a groove. Maybe we are trying to figure out how to make it work with all that talent. But RG is coming back and it throws another piece into the fire. What do you guys think? Also I think it would be kinda cool to see a little 5-2 defense once in a while and try to win the trenches (even though it poses a liability with 2 lbs). Like I said just a thought and curious if I'm the only one that thinks that. 

11 hours ago, textaz03 said:

D-Law has been invisible since last year. Plain and simple! The man is payed as top tier game changer. What games has he taken over??? I’ll wait for an answer on that one

D-Law = Almost Anthony 2.0

change my mind

What's more concerning for me is he has no TFL.    It would be different if he was getting a lot of qb pressures, and making plays behind the LOS.  

our defence is just basically ***. we have one difference maker, 1-3 good players that can't be relied upon. IMO we need a whole new linebacker core. Jaylon can't move, LVE is always hurt. Hill is turning into a beast, but still need 1-2 DT's. Tank sucks currently, Aldon is playing really well. I think later in the season they get better, especially with gregory back. We have one player in our secondary that's average or better. This teams defence is also built to play with a lead... we haven't played with a lead all season

I think they should use a 4-3 on 1st and 2nd downs (Griffen - Poe/Woods - Hill - Smith/Tank) on 3rd downs use a 3-4 (Smith and Gregory/Anae as the OLBs with Griffen/Crawford, Hill/Poe/Woods and Tank/Armstrong as the dline). Griffen and Tank need more rushes out of the 4-3 in my opinion. If they keep playing the 3-4 then they need to slide Griffen and Tank down to the 5 technique. 

Dlaw stats haven’t been there yet, but he’s gotten decent amount of pressure(Leads team I think in hurries). So I wouldn’t say he’s sucked. But for his paycheck he needs to turn these hurries into sacks and become a game changer. Though looks like he’s playing hurt. 

Smith has been a straight beast and great ability aside he’s got a motor. 

interior still struggles to get initial push and loss of McCoy hurts. But Hill has been a pleasant surprise and shows flashes of what made him an interesting prospect. Would love to see a bit of gallimore too.

Still optimistic about Gregory coming back mid year.!

Edited by project T.O