Week 3: Jaguars (1-1) vs Miami Dolphins (0-2)

.Buzz

8 minutes ago, MightyRx said:

I love this little RB!

Jay Gruden the real hero here though.  It's wild seeing a Running game with some apparent structure and a gameplan.  Actually directing him to, and getting him the ball in lanes that aren't entirely full of traffic.

Gonna suck when they either have to promote Jay out of the OC position and into the HC role where he's taken away from what he does so well...or probably lose him to someone else who is gonna promote him there.

I like watching the way this offense operates as a cohesive, coherent unit with purpose and design.

If the NFL had handled the Art Modell situation differently, the Dolphins and Jaguars could very well be division rivals now.

Here's how:

Instead of letting Modell move the Cleveland Browns personnel to start the Baltimore Ravens, he would have been forced to sell the Browns to an owner willing to keep the team in Cleveland (though the Browns would have had to temporarily play their home games at Ohio State while their new stadium was being built), but in return, Modell would be granted an expansion franchise that would play in Baltimore, thus, the Ravens would start play in 1998 when what is now M&T Bank Stadium was ready, and would be placed in the AFC East Division, sharing a division with the Colts franchise (which had moved from Baltimore in 1984) at the time, thus the Ravens would see the Colts as their biggest rivals, not the Steelers, at least through the 2001 season.

The NFL's 2002 realignment thus would have kept Baltimore, Buffalo, New England, and NY Jets together as they were all located in the Northeast. The Dolphins move into the AFC South with Houston, Jacksonville, and Tennessee, and Indianapolis would be in the AFC North with Cincinnati, Cleveland and Pittsburgh.

Thus, Art Modell not only screwed over the Browns for decades, he screwed the Jaguars out of an in-state division rival.

Yeah.  This game really just re-affirmed my decision to spend zero extra money, and none of my time going out of my way to watch the Jaguars this year, when they're not on network TV here.

Gonna be plenty content to just go back to picking a game of interest to watch on Sunday morning, Week 4.  Get filled in on whatever tragedy the Jaguars have enacted at halftime and postgame of whichever other game i'm watching.