2021 Broncos Forum College Prospects Thread

broncosfan_101

1 minute ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Cortland’s out for the year, Lock and Bouye each out for about a month, Elijah Wilkinson is still in the starting lineup, which means....

It’s time to start thinking about the draft. 

Trevor?

Also Driskel has good odds of getting blown up With Wilkinson in there at some point too so 3 wins might be the O/U

I think I started this thread after Week 3 last year, so we beat that record!

Until we find out the extent of the latest injuries, hard to know whether QB is something they need to think about. I prefer to live in a world where this team is staying the course through next year. 

Clearly we need at least one tackle. All we know about next year is that the perpetually absent Ja’Wuan James will be on the team. Even if you re-sign Bolles or sign Villanueva, this is probably still the biggest need on the roster. Penei Sewell is the dream but is this team top 5 bad to give them a realistic shot?I still see them closer to 10. 

If you’re closer to 10, you might be in range for Fangio to finally get his LB, whether it’s Parsons or Moses. Really you should have great options picking any defensive BPA if you aren’t forced to go tackle in this range. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I think I started this thread after Week 3 last year, so we beat that record!

Until we find out the extent of the latest injuries, hard to know whether QB is something they need to think about. I prefer to live in a world where this team is staying the course through next year. 

Clearly we need at least one tackle. All we know about next year is that the perpetually absent Ja’Wuan James will be on the team. Even if you re-sign Bolles or sign Villanueva, this is probably still the biggest need on the roster. Penei Sewell is the dream but is this team top 5 bad to give them a realistic shot?I still see them closer to 10. 

If you’re closer to 10, you might be in range for Fangio to finally get his LB, whether it’s Parsons or Moses. Really you should have great options picking any defensive BPA if you aren’t forced to go tackle in this range. 

The flip side is if we are top 5, we can potentially land Sewell (but not Trevor unless we are 1.1), and then move back up into Rd2 to get an ILB, much like how BAL & LAC took Queen & Murray, if the ILB class pans out as hoped.

Edited by Broncofan

I won't discuss Lawrence, because if we somehow land 1.1, he's a no brainer. I don't care if Lock is healthy or not.

Some guys in the Top 10, where, sadly, I think we'll be picking include the following:

• Penei Sewell
  • Gregory Rousseau
  • Micah Parsons
  • Patrick Surtain Jr

All of those guys would fill some immediate needs we have. But if we are picking high and for whatever reason opt to go for QB, give me Justin Fields.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, broncos67 said:

I won't discuss Lawrence, because if we somehow land 1.1, he's a no brainer. I don't care if Lock is healthy or not.

Some guys in the Top 10, where, sadly, I think we'll be picking include the following:

• Penei Sewell
  • Gregory Rousseau
  • Micah Parsons
  • Patrick Surtain Jr

All of those guys would fill some immediate needs we have. But if we are picking high and for whatever reason opt to go for QB, give me Justin Fields.

Carlos Basham might shoot up draft boards, but right now he’s my guy if he falls to the early 2nd. Most QB hurries of any 2021 prospect last year on an otherwise subpar Wake D.

Sewell and Basham would be a nice pair at the top.

It would definitely take being at 1.1 to get Lawrence and he’d be a no brainer.  If Denver is in the top 5 and Fields is there I think you’d have to pull the trigger as well. Obviously it will depend on how Lock looks, but in probably 98% of drafts Justin Fields is going 1.1 overall.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

The lack of top tier OT talent in this class is a major concern. Besides Sewell, who would you be excited about taking with a top 10 pick? Leatherwood, Cosmi, and Radunz are nice players, but I can’t imagine any of them being targets in the top half of a first round. 

Agreed.  I haven’t watched much of this class, but if Denver were picking top 10 and Sewell and the QBs are off the board it would seem defensive BPA would make the most sense.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 10:11 PM, broncosfan_101 said:

The lack of top tier OT talent in this class is a major concern. Besides Sewell, who would you be excited about taking with a top 10 pick? Leatherwood, Cosmi, and Radunz are nice players, but I can’t imagine any of them being targets in the top half of a first round. 

I would imagine Micah Parsons is going to be the #1 target for this team if we're picking, say, Top 7 or so, but not high enough to take Lawrence.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Who’s the target if we get 1.2: Fields, Sewell, or Parsons? I’ve talked myself into and out of all 3 just this morning. 

Depends if Lock's shoulder is healthy, and how well he's playing.    Fields' play this fall might change my thinking, but I'd want to see him do it more for longer before I think he's a Burrow/Murray level talent (IE doesn't matter who you have, you take that guy) - if he does it a 2nd time through elite competition (OSU has to make the BCS playoffs and hopefully play 2 games), that would help make me feel comfortable in projecting him that high.

Personally I'd be on Sewell any day of the week in a vacuum, though.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

Looking at our schedule along with current injuries/availability of our players, it's not hard to see us selecting in the top 5. Here are my top 5 in order.

1. Trevor Lawrence

2. Justin Fields

3, Penei Sewell

4 . Gregory Rousseau 

5. Trey Lance or trade back

Edited by Cutler06