2021 Broncos Forum College Prospects Thread

broncosfan_101

56 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I am starting to think I would stay 1.09 if Pitts falls, but Sewell is the only non-QB where its a no-brainer to take him. 

I think there is a better chance Peni falls to us than Pitts FWIW. I would be estatic if that happened. Having to pay James doesnt mean in any way that we should avoid taking a blue chip, bookend OT. Its really short sighted to think so. 

If he falls and the Broncos can get him, the OL would be one of the best in the leauge

• Like 2

On 3/31/2021 at 4:18 PM, paul-mac said:

Rumours that Atlanta won't trade out of 4 and are locked in on Kyle Pitts.

I think Detroit at 7 is a key pressure point in the draft.

1. Jaguars - LAWRENCE

2. Jets - WILSON

3. 49ers - QB3 (I think it's most likely to be Lance, but lots of rumours that it's Wilson)

4. Falcons - PITTS

5. Bengals - SEWELL/CHASE

6. Dolphins - CHASE/SMITH/WADDLE

7. Lions - ???

I anticipate 7 could be a key pressure point for someone to come up and leapfrog Carolina to get Fields (Or Jones/Lance). Here are the teams that could come up, and what the TVC suggests they'd pay

Denver: First round pick (9th overall) and third round pick (71st overall)

New England: First round pick (15th overall), second round pick (46th overall) and sixth round pick (197th overall)

Washington: First round pick (19th overall), second round pick (51st overall) and third round pick (82nd overall)

Chicago: Won't trade with Detroit

I reckon the Lions trade out and QB4 will go at 7. Then the Panthers wait and take whichever QB falls to 8.

This is spot on 100% agree with this! I would also add the Panthers could move up to the Lions spot. 

Panthers have choose of QB's. The Lions could then trade down again from #8 using leverage from (Denver,New England, Washington, Chicago etc) Lions could use it to weaponize and get a real haul. I'd expect others teams to realize and potentially do the same. Could see a lot of trade movement reactions in the draft due to QB trades / value at skill positions. 

EDIT: (Wow it's been so long since I posted! Bring's back some nostalgia)  

Edited by marktheshark
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, marktheshark said:

This is spot on 100% agree with this! I would also add the Panthers could move up to the Lions spot. 

Panthers have choose of QB's. The Lions could then trade down again from #8 using leverage from (Denver,New England, Washington, Chicago etc) Lions could use it to weaponize and get a real haul. I'd expect others teams to realize and potentially do the same. Could see a lot of trade movement reactions in the draft due to QB trades / value at skill positions. 

Holy moly, what a throwback. Been awhile since I've seen this name pop up!

• Like 3

Rumors have the top 3 picks at: Lawrence, Wilson, Jones. 

Jax: Lawrence

NYJ: Wilson

SF: Jones

ATL: ?? Stay and take a non QB??

CIN: Chase or Sewell (doubtful they trade down)

MIA: Pitts/Smith/Chase (doubtful they trade down after trading back up again)

DET: Might be willing to trade out of this spot

Atlanta is a big wild card for us. If you think they're going to take a non-QB, it might be a worthwhile risk to wait it out and try and trade just a 3rd or so to bump up two spots rather than an extra 1st to get to Atl spot to grab Fields.  

Edited by grizmo78

38 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

Rumors have the top 3 picks at: Lawrence, Wilson, Jones. 

Jax: Lawrence

NYJ: Wilson

SF: Jones

ATL: ?? Stay and take a non QB??

CIN: Chase or Sewell (doubtful they trade down)

MIA: Pitts/Smith/Chase (doubtful they trade down after trading back up again)

DET: Might be willing to trade out of this spot

Atlanta is a big wild card for us. If you think they're going to take a non-QB, it might be a worthwhile risk to wait it out and try and trade just a 3rd or so to bump up two spots rather than an extra 1st to get to Atl spot to grab Fields.  

FWIW most of the SF FF fanbase think the Jones-to-SF has been a smokescreen to avoid anyone moving up for Fields.    Just something to keep in mind.

Either way, a move up to Detroit to get QB is far more palatable, even at seller market prices.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

FWIW most of the SF FF fanbase think the Jones-to-SF has been a smokescreen to avoid anyone moving up for Fields.    Just something to keep in mind.

Either way, a move up to Detroit to get QB is far more palatable, even at seller market prices.  

I don't know if I buy the smokescreen... the Jets are definitely going to take a QB, there's no way they're going to trade out of that spot. The Saleh - Shannahan connection makes me believe they knew the direction the Jets were going to go that there really isnt a need for a smokescreen. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

I don't know if I buy the smokescreen... the Jets are definitely going to take a QB, there's no way they're going to trade out of that spot. The Saleh - Shannahan connection makes me believe they knew the direction the Jets were going to go that there really isnt a need for a smokescreen. 

Very much this. With the first two picks completely set in stone, there’s no reason for smoke from SF. Especially after making the move they did. 

Which isn’t to say that Jones to SF is true, I just don’t see the point in them being purposefully deceitful about it. The rumour may have come from Jones’ camp though, or from ATL/CIN to drive up the value of their picks as landing spots for Fields and Lance. No one knows!

Edited by broncosfan_101
  • Like 2

I know the QB situation is hot right now but in the 2nd rd on of the players I'd like to consider id OU's own Baron Browning. He could fill that coverage LB spot we so desperately need. He's go size, speed, can cover TE's and Fangio could make the most out of this guys skill set IMO

https://milehighsports.com/could-baron-browning-be-vic-fangios-next-star-lb/

1 hour ago, Cutler06 said:

I know the QB situation is hot right now but in the 2nd rd on of the players I'd like to consider id OU's own Baron Browning. He could fill that coverage LB spot we so desperately need. He's go size, speed, can cover TE's and Fangio could make the most out of this guys skill set IMO

https://milehighsports.com/could-baron-browning-be-vic-fangios-next-star-lb/

Browning's toolset is really intriguing.   The problem seems to be he has very few or no football instincts.   For a guy with his talent, his film is really underwhelming.   Maybe Fangio and the coaches could break through, but man, it's not like he's inexperienced, or had bad coaching around him.

If we trade back, I'd be good with JOK/Collins in the 20's.   They likely won't fall to 2.8, though (JOK especially).   The guy I'd be all over if he makes it to 2.8 would be Jamin Davis.   He comes from a LB U (Kentucky's history is impressive for their relative talent pool - Trevathan, Williamson, Dupree, the other Josh Allen), and while has only 1 year of tape - it's understandable why it took him 2 years to crack the lineup.  He came to Kentucky weighing under 200 lbs - now he's rocked out at 6'2, 234.   

Davis' film is impressive, and his toolset is literally top of the draft level ILB.    And yes, he's still raw -  but unlike Browning, he's only had 1 year of on-field starter experience.   That suggests a guy who's far more likely to get it than Browning IMO.

6'3, 230+, 42 vert, 11'0 broad, 4.39 40. 

Now, shorts & t-shirt season can be misleading - but Davis' film is eye-popping when you consider his inexperience.   For a guy learning the position, it likely explains a lot of the issues that come up (amazing for 2-3 plays, and then hesitant on others).

TBH, I actually think Browning may fall further down the draft list, it's a good year for ILB.   Cox, Davis, JOK, Parsons, Collins.    I'd put them all ahead of Browning.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

On 4/3/2021 at 5:27 PM, marktheshark said:

I'd move up to #7 for Fields.  If someone else like Chicago moves in for Fields, I would trade back to get the best T, ILB, RB, or CB you could get. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I'd move up to #7 for Fields.  If someone else like Chicago moves in for Fields, I would trade back to get the best T, ILB, RB, or CB you could get. 

I'd move up to #4 for Fields, #7  to get Lance if Jones is picked by SF and we don't get Fields. I'm with ya about moving back if Fields or Lance aren't available. 

15 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

I'd move up to #4 for Fields, #7  to get Lance if Jones is picked by SF and we don't get Fields. I'm with ya about moving back if Fields or Lance aren't available. 

If the top 4 QB's are gone, moving back to let someone get Jones makes great sense.    We do have to consider Carolina might now be in that boat (but then again, at 8 assuming both Chase, Pitts & Sewell are gone, they'd get either Slater or Surtain in their lap, both are crying needs for them). 

7 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Just did a GM mock where I traded 9, 71 and a 6th rounder to Miami for 6 and got Justin Fields, then I stayed at 40 and Jayson Oweh fell to me! Would love it if that happens.

I don't see why miami would trade back when they just traded up from 12 to 6 they're clearly targeting a player.

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of Lance at all so wouldn't want to trade up for him let alone take him at 9. I'm open to trading to 4 as long as it doesn't involve a 2022 1st, and only if Fields is there. Otherwise (if compensation isnt accepted or Fields isn't there) we wait and see how it plays out until pick 7.