2021 Broncos Forum College Prospects Thread

broncosfan_101

I am going with a quick Bronco mock, because I am kind of bored: 

1. Micah Parsons, ILB PSU (if Sewell is there, I'd take him)

2. Michael Carter, RB UNC (eventual MG replacement)

3. Davis Mills, QB Stanford (I know it's early, but there is a lot of plug for him and think if the Broncos want him they will have to reach a bit)

4. Tommy Doyle, RT Miami OH (not sure about him, but he is a RT projected to go in the 4th, so here is the eventual replacement for James, which might be any moment from now...unless the Broncos land Sewell, then I'd go the Ohio State ILB..Baron something?)

5. Jaylen Twyman, DT Pitt (I once read an article about him that said his favorite player is Aaron Donald...can we get him at 60% of Donald's production?)

6. Darren Hall, CB San Diego St. (from what I read he is a good zone cover CB who is nearly 6 foot and 190, so descent size.  Plus I read he is a wrap-up tackler.  All of which are Vic Fangio qualities in a CB). 

7. Garrid Doeks, RB Cincinnati (in the 7th round I am going with a 6 foot 230 lb RB; maybe he excels in special teams?  Who knows??)

8. Damar Hamlin, SS, Pitt (just another DB to stockpile to see what happens)

Also I will predict some kind of trade with the Panthers for Hamilton that will involve a pick or two, and Bridgewater.  So, your QB comp is Lock, Bridgewater, and Mills...and I will take Mills as your opening day QB.

Edited by jsthomp2007

18 hours ago, germ-x said:

I believe the narrative that Denver isn’t in on Fields and that he has a huge difference of opinion on him.  

I like Fields, would trade up to 4 for him.  Lance is the player that scares me most. 

Lance is 100% pure projection.  He has talent, but a **** load of deficiencies and inexperience.  His talent and upside exceeds Wentz, but he’s not even close to as NFL ready. 

The more I watch and read, the more separation there is for me between Fields at QB3, Jones at QB4, and Lance at QB5. I’d move up to 1.4 for Fields, 1.7 for Jones, or stay put for Lance. 

• Like 3

This is a running back question's how far back to carrie's do scouts and evaluators go? Because I look at a guy who like Toby Gehart I legit think he was an extremely talented running back but you look all the way back to high school the guy had like 10000 yards rushing and then Stanford he had a ton of usage 363 carries his senior Year. 

Entering the NFL he was all ready red lined at rb Idk how he went 52. I hope Paton didn't make that pick lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

According to ESPN, there’s a 99.5% chance Justin Fields is available at 5. Doesn’t make any sense to me.

Well, talk on the SF forum leans towards the 49ers taking Lance at #3. With ALT still heavily invested in QB Ryan for the next few years and their love for Pitts, #5 doesn't seem so far-fetched

2 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Well, talk on the SF forum leans towards the 49ers taking Lance at #3. With ALT still heavily invested in QB Ryan for the next few years and their love for Pitts, #5 doesn't seem so far-fetched

Can't wait till next week... This is one of the more interesting drafts we've had in a while. Already some movement and I'm expecting more than average amount on actual draft day. I hope SF doesn't take Fields and we're able to get him with minimal capitol given up. 

• Like 3

Another thing to consider with the potential Slater pick is that he would improve our depth if Cushenberry ends up needing to be benched.

We’d go into the season with a starting line of Bolles-Risner-Cushenberry-Glasgow-James but Slater would be the 6th OL. If we get an injury at either tackle or guard spot, Slater comes in directly, but if Cushenberry gets hurt of needs benched then we can move Glasgow across to C and put Slater in at RG.

Then in 2022 we can move on from James and bring Slater in at RT.

Of course it’s entirely possible Slater would come in and beat out James from day 1 anyway.

Not a sexy pick but I wouldn’t be mad if Paton plays it safe. 

16 hours ago, broncos67 said:

So would I. I think Slater is as good as Sewell personally, and he's got positional versatility which is huge.

Broncos have done a great job building up the starting talent....not sure how many guys in this draft would start right away so while I would be fine taking an OL in the 1st round I don't like the idea of him not starting right away. Lot of OT depth in the 2nd or later in the draft this or next you can take and develop, just not sure there is as much value as there is with other positions this year. 

7 hours ago, marktheshark said:

Broncos have done a great job building up the starting talent....not sure how many guys in this draft would start right away so while I would be fine taking an OL in the 1st round I don't like the idea of him not starting right away. Lot of OT depth in the 2nd or later in the draft this or next you can take and develop, just not sure there is as much value as there is with other positions this year. 

I do agree with you on the depth- if we're not looking for someone to play RT immediately, it makes sense to take an OT in R3 or something. That said, Slater could arguably start immediately at RT given the fiasco that is Ja'Wuan James.