2021 Broncos Forum College Prospects Thread

broncosfan_101

19 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The interesting part about MIKE is if we pass Rd1 there’s increasing talk Dylan Moses falls out of Rd1.   Business wise he made a bad call returning to college if this plays out.  Worth tracking.  

It’s a really great off ball linebacker class and there are more guys with the movement skills to cover than I can remember. 

58 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The interesting part about MIKE is if we pass Rd1 there’s increasing talk Dylan Moses falls out of Rd1.   Business wise he made a bad call returning to college if this plays out.  Worth tracking.  

A lot of people on this board were strangely down on Kenneth Murray’s instincts last year. Those people will HATE Dylan Moses’s tape. Just horrible in zone coverage, and a hen he’s asked to make any kind of read, he may as well just start jogging back to the huddle. ‘Spy this back,’ ‘blitz this gap,’ ‘cover this TE,’ and he’ll make some plays. But I’ve seen zero diagnosis skills from his 2020 tape. 

Well, you guys got me interested so I watched a bit of Parsons. If there's any way to do it we should get him.

Physical attributes and play not withstanding what really stood out to me is his read/react time/instincts. He plays like he was in the offenses huddle. You can't coach that.

11 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Well, you guys got me interested so I watched a bit of Parsons. If there's any way to do it we should get him.

Physical attributes and play not withstanding what really stood out to me is his read/react time/instincts. He plays like he was in the offenses huddle. You can't coach that.

I live in PA, I watch PSU far more than I care to admit. Parsons is the real deal. He's one of the best ILB prospects I can remember, personally. I would very much expect Vic to be enamored with him, and I think he's better than Roquan Smith was coming out. 

On 12/29/2020 at 1:12 PM, broncos67 said:

I live in PA, I watch PSU far more than I care to admit. Parsons is the real deal. He's one of the best ILB prospects I can remember, personally. I would very much expect Vic to be enamored with him, and I think he's better than Roquan Smith was coming out. 

I'd be totally fine with Parsons as our pick - but we should be prepared that Parsons could very well go before we're up.  He keeps getting brought up as a Devin White / Roquan level talent.   

The ideal scenario IMO is that we land either Parsons or Lance.    I'd have no problem with Surtain/Horn (although I do get the concern Surtain may be less of a zone fit - I'm just not optimistic Fangio survives 2021) - but after thinking on it some more, I don't think either is a game-changer the way Parsons or Lance could be.    I realize Lance is a huge risk - but his upside/skill set are through the roof.   The sad part is that he's probably not even on Elway's radar, given he's a total redshirt for at least half, if not all of year 1.  

I'd love it if all this talk was smoke screen, but everything with ownership and the state of Fangio/Elway's security says it isn't so.  I'm just concerned Parsons won't be there even if we are picking in the 9-10 range.    As much as no one wants a bust pick - our franchise needs to hit home runs now.   Singles & doubles aren't enough.  Parsons & Lance are the home run hitters in our range best-case.   If we beat LV, neither is likely, either.    If we lose, it would seem like we'd have a decent shot at either.  

Edited by Broncofan

I know that whatever the case, we improve one way or another by losing to the Raiders (yuck!). The way I see it, even if Parsons and the major QB prospects are gone, we can either get a decent Corner or if we aren't impressed by their games (one reason I do actually love having Vic is to evaluate this), we could trade back to someone like SF or the Pats if they are looking to move up to kick the tires on someone like Lance. Imagine if we do that, also get a 2nd or 3rd rounder out of it and use all of that on defensive players...maybe a RT too. Plug any roles left with the free agent market and get a dude like Winston. You can't tell me that wouldn't be exciting! It's also probably the reason this administration won't do it but a Bronco can dream can't he?

I never understood why people soured on him after all he showed last year. He made some bad decisions (something he rarely did in 2019) against an indiana defense full of NFL prospects but that wasn't really a bad game imo. He played outright bad against northwestern, but that's a really good defense. He's steamrolled everyone else and making a solid Clemson defense look awful.

I don't knock anyone for having Zack Wilson ascending to or above his level but Fields is too talented to pass up is he somehow falls to our pick

8 minutes ago, rcpbawler said:

I never understood why people soured on him after all he showed last year. He made some bad decisions (something he rarely did in 2019) against an indiana defense full of NFL prospects but that wasn't really a bad game imo. He played outright bad against northwestern, but that's a really good defense. He's steamrolled everyone else and making a solid Clemson defense look awful.

I don't knock anyone for having Zack Wilson ascending to or above his level but Fields is too talented to pass up is he somehow falls to our pick

I don’t think either guy falls out of the top 5.   

As I said a week ago.  Fields physical comp is a bigger Russell Wilson.  Fields has elite physical tools across the board.  Is actually more physically talented than Wilson.

Will he get there?  Probably not.  That’s a lofty comparison.  But the negative hype on him isn’t warranted.  He’s a top notch/top 3 prospect.