Sign in to follow this  
broncosfan_101

2021 Broncos Forum College Prospects Thread

For me...

1 - Trevor Lawrence (unlikely but obvious)

Top 2-5 - Justin Fields, Penei Sewell (if we’re 3-4 wins bad the offense needed desperate help at either QB or tackle)

Top 6-10- (Defensive BPA) Micah Parsons, Dylan Moses, Patrick Surtain, Gregory Rousseau, etc.

Maybe another OT puts himself in that range but I suspect we miss out on the top QBs and Sewell and are more in range to get a cornerstone defensive piece. As bleak as it looks right now, Lock is probably starting at least the last 9 games of the season, Bouye and Lindsay will be back and all the units should improve with collective experience. If Lock can build off his progress through 6 games, there are enough winnable games late in the season to cost them a top 5 pick in my opinion. I wouldn’t be surprised if this team is frisky in December again. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

For me...

1 - Trevor Lawrence (unlikely but obvious)

Top 2-5 - Justin Fields, Penei Sewell (if we’re 3-4 wins bad the offense needed desperate help at either QB or tackle)

Top 6-10- (Defensive BPA) Micah Parsons, Dylan Moses, Patrick Surtain, Gregory Rousseau, etc.

Maybe another OT puts himself in that range but I suspect we miss out on the top QBs and Sewell and are more in range to get a cornerstone defensive piece. As bleak as it looks right now, Lock is probably starting at least the last 9 games of the season, Bouye and Lindsay will be back and all the units should improve with collective experience. If Lock can build off his progress through 6 games, there are enough winnable games late in the season to cost them a top 5 pick in my opinion. I wouldn’t be surprised if this team is frisky in December again. 

The flip side is that if Lock doesn't return, a top 5 pick is very much in range, and honestly even a top 3 pick isn't crazy.   This O without Lock led to a 2-9 start, and one where Rivers' TO's handed us 1 of the W's.    

Honestly, at this stage, I just hope none of our other core young guys gets hurt.    As long as they develop and go into 2021 healthy, I'll take that and anything else is gravy.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

The flip side is that if Lock doesn't return, a top 5 pick is very much in range, and honestly even a top 3 pick isn't crazy.   This O without Lock led to a 2-9 start, and one where Rivers' TO's handed us 1 of the W's.    

Honestly, at this stage, I just hope none of our other core young guys gets hurt.    As long as they develop and go into 2021 healthy, I'll take that and anything else is gravy.

Has it been suggested anywhere that they would shut him down? Everything I’ve heard is he’s back after the bye if they want to be extra cautious. They can’t afford to not evaluate him.

And for Drew it’s really a weird situation where the team preaching patience probably isn’t in his best interest. Every game Drew misses gets us closer to a potential replacement. 

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

Has it been suggested anywhere that they would shut him down? Everything I’ve heard is he’s back after the bye if they want to be extra cautious. They can’t afford to not evaluate him.

A labrum injury is no guarantee to be ok.   The protocol involves rest for 2 weeks then resumption of light throwing / more.   The likely return if rehab works is 5-8 weeks.   

Here’s the kicker - any setbacks during this process and you get shut down.  And then likely a scope - there the season  is pretty much done.  The 5-8 week timeframe and confirmation of labrum injury is a lot more worrisome.   The injury mechanism never was compatible with AC separation.

If the labrum tear is super small then rehab works.   But labrum injuries in the throwing shoulder are not guaranteed at all to be ok.   You have to see if pain returns as you ramp up.    

EDIT:   The end part of Renck's blurb is very telling - Lock's return is at least several weeks away.

Edited by Broncofan

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

The flip side is that if Lock doesn't return, a top 5 pick is very much in range, and honestly even a top 3 pick isn't crazy.   

Agree.  If Lock doesn't return I think it's more likely we lose 14+ games than pick outside of top 5.  W/ these injuries, a Driskell/Rypien-led team will be lucky to sneak out w/ any non-NYJ victories, IMO.

Edited by bMiller031

13 hours ago, bMiller031 said:

Agree.  If Lock doesn't return I think it's more likely we lose 14+ games than pick outside of top 5.  W/ these injuries, a Driskell/Rypien-led team will be lucky to sneak out w/ any non-NYJ victories, IMO.

If Lock doesn't return there's a chance we don't win a single game, and that includes the Jets and Dolphins games.

4 hours ago, broncos67 said:

If Lock doesn't return there's a chance we don't win a single game, and that includes the Jets and Dolphins games.

Its very hard to go 0-16. We will find a way to slip into a win or two this year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Man, Dylan Moses has looked terrible so far this season. 

Maybe he could be our 2nd or 3rd round pick then

12 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Man, Dylan Moses has looked terrible so far this season. 

I haven’t really focused on any game to see how players are doing.  Watched the Alabama game last night more as background noise while getting some things done, but Devontae Smith is just a good football player.  

Kind of reminds me of Robert Woods in that a bunch of other players get all the attention, but Woods/Smith just keep producing.