2021 Broncos Forum College Prospects Thread

broncosfan_101

44 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

God I love Pitts I mean he's a matchup nightmare I wonder what would happen if he falls to 9 and he's bpa I love fant but pitt seems generational.

He has great ball skills for sure. Honestly, if we didn't draft Albert O last year/if he didn't show as much, I would not have hesitated to take Pitts and run a two TE look with Courtland and Jeudy on the outside. Unfortunately, he would be the ultimate luxury pick for us at this point, even more so than a WR tbh. There are some great blue chip prospects a the top of this draft. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

He has great ball skills for sure. Honestly, if we didn't draft Albert O last year/if he didn't show as much, I would not have hesitated to take Pitts and run a two TE look with Courtland and Jeudy on the outside. Unfortunately, he would be the ultimate luxury pick for us at this point, even more so than a WR tbh. There are some great blue chip prospects a the top of this draft. 

Oh I'd agree but hes so good I'd even consider flipping Fant or Albert . I mean guy is only 20 years old, beast in the red zone just freaky. I feel like passing him up would be questioned for years to come it's probably moot doubt he gets passed philly.

It be cool to see him go to Detroit lol does campbell like tes to run a two tight end sets? That probably be a better combo than Gronk and Hernandez scary .

• Like 1

If Paton is true to his word then there's a very good chance he'd take one of the big 4 WR (Smith, Chase, waddle, Pitts) as at least one will assuredly be there at 9 and will be BPA barring something like Sewell dropping. 

That said, I can't imagine picking another weapon in the passing game. We're loaded there and as has been stated, a luxury pick if I've ever seen one. 

3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Oh I'd agree but hes so good I'd even consider flipping Fant or Albert . I mean guy is only 20 years old, beast in the red zone just freaky. I feel like passing him up would be questioned for years to come it's probably moot doubt he gets passed philly.

It be cool to see him go to Detroit lol does campbell like tes to run a two tight end sets? That probably be a better combo than Gronk and Hernandez scary .

Sure, you can line him up with his hand in the ground but I think he's just a matchup nightmare. Line him up out wide or in the slot, Hock at TE, Golladay out wide... That can be pretty lethal.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rcpbawler said:

Sure, you can line him up with his hand in the ground but I think he's just a matchup nightmare. Line him up out wide or in the slot, Hock at TE, Golladay out wide... That can be pretty lethal.

I get that im just saying it's so hard to matchup with tes let alone two studs. Wasn't Talib offered 6-8 million last year just to cover tes. It shows you how respected that is.

• Like 1

I’m going to be in the minority here but I hope we draft Mac Jones at 9.

I hate you, but I admire your bravery. 

I would prefer to move the pick for Watson, or trade down, but if we sit pat I think taking whomever we rank higher between Surtain and Farley is the right move. 

My number one wish list is trading back with New England or San Francisco and receiving some nice Capital while still landing a blue chip corner or edge rusher. 

There's a lot of Qb smoke coming from teams ahead of us so I'm assuming they want a nice package as well interested to see which teams bite.

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

My number one wish list is trading back with New England or San Francisco and receiving some nice Capital while still landing a blue chip corner or edge rusher. 

There's a lot of Qb smoke coming from teams ahead of us so I'm assuming they want a nice package as well interested to see which teams bite.

There is no blue chip edge rusher in this class

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

There is no blue chip edge rusher in this class

Good thing our need is greater at CB and there are some stud in that range. Even so I'd expect Paten to go after a younger starting CB in free agency, other than QB seems like our biggest need for this team. 

As for teams trading up, I'd like to see us get a 2022 1st, giving some ammo to throw HOU's way after they realize Watson is not gonna play for them in 2021

13 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

I’m going to be in the minority here but I hope we draft Mac Jones at 9.

I have warmed to this idea.  I also think Jones is a better prospect than Tua.  

I really can’t pinpoint why, but I just have a gut feeling Jones is going to be a good QB for a long time.  

Aside from Burrow being more athletic, I actually find he and Jones very comparable excellent accuracy and placement downfield with enough arm strength to make all the throws.

I obviously don’t know Mac Jones, but if he has similar intangibles and leadership qualities that Burrow possesses I would have no issue with Jones at #9.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I have warmed to this idea.  I also think Jones is a better prospect than Tua.  

I really can’t pinpoint why, but I just have a gut feeling Jones is going to be a good QB for a long time.  

Aside from Burrow being more athletic, I actually find he and Jones very comparable excellent accuracy and placement downfield with enough arm strength to make all the throws.

I obviously don’t know Mac Jones, but if he has similar intangibles and leadership qualities that Burrow possesses I would have no issue with Jones at #9.

This is exactly my feeling