2021 Broncos Forum College Prospects Thread

broncosfan_101

29 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

The guy from Miami is intriguing but he only has a year of film. Huge boom or bust guy.

Rousseau or Phillips? Neither is blue chip. Rousseau won on inside rushes and struggled to beat tackles on the outside often. 

19 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I see a lot of Ray Rice in Javonte Williams wouldn't mind him with like a pick in the second if we trade back. 22 tds from scrimmage last year super slippery. Can do it all

Not sure Ray Rice is a guy we want to be replicating....

8 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Not sure Ray Rice is a guy we want to be replicating....

I meant on the field Ray Rice was a great talent as a rb and receiver him and Forte were probably two of the top 10 most complete rbs of the 2000s. I see Najee compared to Forte and I think this guy reminds me of Rice only 20 as well ton of tread left.

I love javonte, he's my favorite player in this draft. Part of me wishes that mg3 gets suspended and we move on from him and snag williams in the second, even though I generally don't like spending premium picks on RB. 

I don't love the rice comparison, their body types are too different. Rice was that short, squatty, bowling ball ala MJD. They both run hard and through tackles but I think Williams definitely has more power. Rice was a great pass catcher too, and while Williams wasn't asked to as much (Michael Carter was used more as the receiving back) he has shown he's quite capable.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Personally don't see drafting a rb until day 3, heck we got a Pro Bowl RB in UDFA with Lindsey

I agree. Unless we are a perennial contender where the RB can make a big impact, I think we can get sufficient play from that position until then. As much as I also like Javonte, a 2nd round RB it too much of a luxury for us right now. 

• Like 1

I don't expect Lance will even be available at 1.6 or 1.7, let alone 1.9 - because there's a ton of interest there.   Philly, Atlanta, Carolina & Detroit are all sending staff to attend as well.     If nothing else, they're playing the "need to move up to get him if you want him" game very well.   I'd guess Paton is doing his due diligence here.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, germ-x said:

At what point, though?  

Not entirely sure I see he has a wide range much like Dak did coming out just seems impressive to me and his ball gives guy a chance on every play I feel.

4 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Jaime Newman looks good too but are either better than Lock ?

Hard to tell because of the pandemic impacting college football. Even if he just brought competition it probably raises the play of the qb room.

If the lone year of tape vs. non-elite competition wasn't a big enough point for polarizing opinions, now Lance has this to consider....

His athletic traits, and the film he has (if you ignore the fact the competition is only FCS - which does matter) - insane ceiling.  But the floor was already outright bust.   This isn't going to help make the decision easier with that hand size.

• Like 1