2021 Broncos Forum College Prospects Thread

broncosfan_101

9 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Just did a GM mock where I traded 9, 71 and a 6th rounder to Miami for 6 and got Justin Fields, then I stayed at 40 and Jayson Oweh fell to me! Would love it if that happens.

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

I don't see why miami would trade back when they just traded up from 12 to 6 they're clearly targeting a player.

I don't think MIA is trading back for anything less than a ridiculous price.  The only reason for them to trade from 12 to 6 is to target a specific tier of player - Chase/Pitts/Sewell.   Doesn't seem likely they will be there at 9.  I could see it if somehow all 3 guys were there at 6, and then they'd take their chances.

DEN & DET, on the other hand....

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

I'd move up to #4 for Fields, #7  to get Lance if Jones is picked by SF and we don't get Fields. I'm with ya about moving back if Fields or Lance aren't available. 

IMO Lance and Fields are not worth trading that far up for.  If they fall to 9 great.  If not pick a different player.  They are too risky to spend that much draft capital on.  I would even hesitate to trade up to #7 for either one.  I would rather go Parsons or Sewell or trade back. 

4 hours ago, UnitedInOrgange said:

IMO Lance and Fields are not worth trading that far up for.  If they fall to 9 great.  If not pick a different player.  They are too risky to spend that much draft capital on.  I would even hesitate to trade up to #7 for either one.  I would rather go Parsons or Sewell or trade back. 

I'd trade up to 7 for Fields, he shows up in big games...where Lance...he might do that, I am not sure because you never go to see it.  If the 49ers take him at #3...that is pretty gutsy. 

8 hours ago, UnitedInOrgange said:

Both Lance and Field show talent characteristics of being Franchise-type QB, when is the next time you're going to get a chance at one of those ?? We've only been missing that piece since PM retired, Lock may/may not  be capable but he hasn't made that clear as of yet, not sure it'll happen. 

On 4/8/2021 at 6:11 AM, UnitedInOrgange said:

Both of them are 100% worth trading up for when you sit at 9 and are talking about trading up to 4-7. Saying you wouldn't trade up two spots to 7 for a potential franchise QB is crazy IMO. It's two spots. It's much crazier to talk about whether trading up from, say, 20 into the Top 5 is too much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

OK, let's say we don't get a QB and somehow get to draft Penei Sewell....would there be any sort of market for Ju'Juan James ? How much cap repercussion would follow ?

A trade saves 4 million. I can’t see a market though. Maybe a 7th is possible? Just seems unlikely. 

36 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

A trade saves 4 million. I can’t see a market though. Maybe a 7th is possible? Just seems unlikely. 

How 'bout "future considerations"? I always liked that one. NFL language for a round of drinks and some wings.

• Like 2

The only reason James wouldn’t have a market is his price tag and injury history, no one in the NFL gives a **** if he opted out to protect his family and neither should you. 

Now the rest is completely justified.

Edited by broncosfan07
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, broncosfan07 said:

The only reason James wouldn’t have a market is his price tag and injury history, no one in the NFL gives a **** if he opted out to protect his family and neither should you. 

Now the rest is completely justified.

Garett Bolles literally called him out for quitting on the team

35 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Garett Bolles literally called him out for quitting on the team

Bolles is an idiot so let me know when someone with actual intelligence calls him out, if you have a problem with it then that’s your problem but the guy had a newborn who was more important to him than satisfying your machoism.

If you want to hammer him for 2019 that is completely fair and justified and he’s proven to be a bust of a signing. But nailing him to your cross for sitting out a damn football season during a pandemic, I had a newborn last year who got COVID so excuse me for being blunt but if that’s what your going to focus on that’s pathetic.