2021 Broncos Forum College Prospects Thread

broncosfan_101

I think I like the idea of trading down into the teens and taking Jamin Davis + picking up a Day 2 pick over Parsons at 9. Davis is a 100th percentile athlete at LB, high character guy, really good in coverage, 2020 film is awesome. If you haven’t had the chance to check him out, you should. He’s a guy everyone was late to in the draft process.

By contrast, the character stuff is a massive concern with Parsons, he hasn’t shown much coverage ability and you probably won’t be able to get him in a trade down. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

But as much as trading down and stacking picks sounds good and smart, kinda hard to think about anything but the potential to land Justin Fields right now. The most over-analyzed QB prospect I’ve ever seen. Most accurate passer in this class who can also run for a 50 yard TD. Um, count me in. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

But as much as trading down and stacking picks sounds good and smart, kinda hard to think about anything but the potential to land Justin Fields right now. The most over-analyzed QB prospect I’ve ever seen. Most accurate passer in this class who can also run for a 50 yard TD. Um, count me in. 

Trey lance has some wheels too

• Like 1

Been watching and reading a little bit on Divine Deablo (S) who could be a nice get in the 4th round or so as a special teams contributor and fill that Will Parks role. High character/team first mentality type of guy with nice size (6' 3 225lbs) and tested similarly to JOK. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

I am fully aboard the Fields train at this point. I think he's going to be incredibly good. We've seen him twice now. Different folks in the org too, not Paton each time. Wonder if that's indicative of trying to build the consensus to move up?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I am fully aboard the Fields train at this point. I think he's going to be incredibly good. We've seen him twice now. Different folks in the org too, not Paton each time. Wonder if that's indicative of trying to build the consensus to move up?

I agree on being all for getting Fields but I’m pretty sure the Niners will take him at 3 

2 hours ago, paul-mac said:

I agree on being all for getting Fields but I’m pretty sure the Niners will take him at 3 

Fwiw Kiper made it sound like the first 3 picks are locked in and Lance and Fields will be the QB’s left.  Count me in for Fields.

1 minute ago, elliot878 said:

Fwiw Kiper made it sound like the first 3 picks are locked in and Lance and Fields will be the QB’s left.  Count me in for Fields.

Odds just went to fields as the betting favorite for three though. I don't trust anything kiper says he should be retired from his jimmy clausen take 11 years ago.

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Odds just went to fields as the betting favorite for three though. I don't trust anything kiper says he should be retired from his jimmy clausen take 11 years ago.

I believe Mac to 9ers mostly due to Chris Simms take on Shanny wanting a QB immediately ready.  Believe Simms and Shanny are buds.  Not what i would do, but a guy could hope. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elliot878 said:

I believe Mac to 9ers mostly due to Chris Simms take on Shanny wanting a QB immediately ready.  Believe Simms and Shanny are buds.  Not what i would do, but a guy could hope. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah good point on that part idk Simms is either super dead on or has extremely outlandish takes no in between. Ryan Finley was like his number 3 qb one year lol.

Definitely gonna be entertaining I wonder how much we'd have to outbid New England to move up because if Fields gets to 4 it's gonna be a bidding war between the pats, denver, WFT, and the bears imo for 4.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Yeah good point on that part idk Simms is either super dead on or has extremely outlandish takes no in between. Ryan Finley was like his number 3 qb one year lol.

Definitely gonna be entertaining I wonder how much we'd have to outbid New England to move up because if Fields gets to 4 it's gonna be a bidding war between the pats, denver, WFT, and the bears imo for 4.

I believe the narrative that Denver isn’t in on Fields and that he has a huge difference of opinion on him.  

I like Fields, would trade up to 4 for him.  Lance is the player that scares me most. 

Lance is 100% pure projection.  He has talent, but a **** load of deficiencies and inexperience.  His talent and upside exceeds Wentz, but he’s not even close to as NFL ready. 

Edited by germ-x