2021 Broncos Forum College Prospects Thread

broncosfan_101

24 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

If the top 5 goes Lawrence, Wilson, Lance/Fields, Pitts, Chase, there’s no way MIA makes the pick at 1.6, right? Either Fields/Lance or Sewell available for a trade up, that pick’s gotta be crazy valuable in that situation.

My gut tells me that teams don’t see a huge drop-off from Sewell to Slater.  So teams that want the OT are probably willing to wait.  The real question for me is - which of Detroit, Carlona, and/or Denver do the teams behind them FEAR might/will take a QB, so that they want to trade ahead of them. Do they try to get ahead of Detroit? Of Carolina? Of Denver? And what does that mean for Denver?

14 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Well don't leave us hanging....

tenor.gif

It didn’t reveal much! Because it was a QB that we all didn’t want and it was a pick in the 20’s it seemed like but that may have just been when I saw the pick on the tracker but it was a QB that had an O’ last name and there are none in this draft so do not fret my dream. I’ll probably have more tonight and tomorrow. 

New Orleans apparently is trying to trade into the top 10. If Fields isn't available and we are looking to trade down, is that too far for us (#28)? And if not, what would compensation have to look like for you to be ok with it? 

Context: In 2014, Saints traded from 27 to 14 and it cost them an extra 5th that year and a 1st the following year. 

Edited by grizmo78

1 hour ago, grizmo78 said:

New Orleans apparently is trying to trade into the top 10. If Fields isn't available and we are looking to trade down, is that too far for us (#28)? And if not, what would compensation have to look like for you to be ok with it? 

Context: In 2014, Saints traded from 27 to 14 and it cost them an extra 5th that year and a 1st the following year. 

Not sure if 2014 is good context because what did the 49ers give up to move to #3? 

2 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

Don't feel it would be worth it to trade back to #28 for less than a 2021 2nd and 2022 1st at the least. 

How about #9 + Kyle Fuller for #28 + 2021 3rd + 2022 1st + Marshawn Lattimore

Edited by Cutler06
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cutler06 said:

Don't feel it would be worth it to trade back to #28 for less than a 2021 2nd and 2022 1st at the least. 

How about #9 + Kyle Fuller for #28 + 2021 3rd + 2022 1st + Marshawn Lattimore

I think the market has changed though from 2014. and think you could pick up some more picks, maybe even a player, if the Saints have their sites set on someone. 

IMO ideal scenario today goes Round 2: JOK, Round 3: Walker Little. I'm expecting a safety in round 2 though. Who are some of the high character guys left for today? It's pretty clear with the Surtain pick that it continues to be a huge part of our evaluations. 

For Day 3, realistically the obvious candidates will go in Rd4 (Nasirildeen, Nixon, etc.)  and we don't pick until Rd5 now.

Prospects I could see falling to Rd5 that I'd be very interested in:

-T James Hudson, CIN - only 1 year of starting experience.  VERY raw.   But a perfect skill set for Munchak to work with for our future RT.

-T Stone Forsythe, FLA - more limited ceiling than Hudson, but there's something to work with here.

-ILB Cameron McGrone - his ACL injury likely means he falls to our range.   If Browning works out, great, but if not, McGrone is another high-ceiling guy for Fangio to work with.  And keep in mind Browning could rotate as ILB/EDGE hybrid. 

-ILB Jabril Cox - doubt he lasts to Rd5, but ILB so devalued....

-CB Thomas Graham - Molden was the guy FF fans knew about, but with him gone, I'd like to highlight Graham, who put up crazy workout numbers, and film actually says he fits a zone better than we think.  Might fall to Rd6...

-S Caden Sterns / S James Wiggins - another pair that likely falls to Rd5-6, after the Ford / Lecounte / Washington tier go (Nasirildeen isn't lasting long IMO).   Definitely would like to take a stab on 1 of the 2 if they are there.   The future guy to groom behind Kareem Jackson.

Edited by Broncofan