Jump to content

2021 Broncos Forum College Prospects Thread


Recommended Posts

A huge no on Brissett.   His DEN game was his highlight.   Really slow in reads, long windup to get rid of ball, doesn’t look off safeties and placement is sub par.    Literally no upside imo.   Only difference from Keenum is that he’s not as TO prone. But total career backup IMO.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

A huge no on Brissett.   His DEN game was his highlight.   Really slow in reads, long windup to get rid of ball, doesn’t look off safeties and placement is sub par.    Literally no upside imo.   Only difference from Keenum is that he’s not as TO prone. But total career backup IMO.   

I don’t disagree.  But it’s not about what you and I would do.  It’s what Elway will do

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Serious Q - setting aside the Lock Q for now and if either guy is worth an early Rd1 pick - does anyone think Elway would even consider a Lance or Wilson type QB?   We know he said Kyler didn’t fit what they are looking for.   Guys who win with their legs as much as their arms.  And who don’t fit the classic QB profile.  
 

Lot of respect for what Elway brings as a GM but he’s always had a blind spot for tall, big arm pocket passer types.    Wonder if that philosophy will ever change.   

He liked Mayfield in 2018 apparently. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, broncofan48 said:

The name drop of Darnold is telling 

 

46 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Allbright has also explicitly stated that Darnold is the guy they will target if Lock continues to struggle.

As long as they don't get suckered into spending a 1st for 1 year of cheap control,  I can live with that.   It would be ideal if a 3rd would get it done, but it only takes 1 competing team to change the price tag value.

I do think it may still be plan B, I mean if we got in position where a Rd1 QB made sense, and didn't feel like a massive reach, Elway would go there.  I think though given where we are at, and how ready the O is (minus a RT and better IOL play) to actually start producing, it's very possible he doesn't want to wait a year for a rookie to develop (which is why I think in any future scenario where Lock doesn't convince the brass he's the future, a vet is coming no matter what, just a question of what tier - from true stopgap like Fitzmagic paired with an early Rd QBOTF, likely Rd1, to a younger vet with some future potential <Darnold/Winston>). 

Edited by Broncofan
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Are there any real monster DT's in this draft? I keep watching the great ones destroying IOL's and really want of those.

On quick glance it doesn't seem like it. We definitely have a need at DE. Jones seems to be a pass rushing specialist, and Agim hasn't played enough to say whether he'll be a factor or not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

  I think though given where we are at, and how ready the O is (minus a RT and better IOL play) to actually start producing, it's very possible he doesn't want to wait a year for a rookie to develop (which is why I think in any future scenario where Lock doesn't convince the brass he's the future, a vet is coming no matter what, just a question of what tier - from true stopgap like Fitzmagic paired with an early Rd QBOTF, likely Rd1, to a younger vet with some future potential <Darnold/Winston>). 

Winston is the most fun scenario for 2021, right?  He may throw 30 picks but it'd be fun to see Jeudy, Fant, Hamler, and Sutton in a high volume offense with Jameis. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

Winston is the most fun scenario for 2021, right?  He may throw 30 picks but it'd be fun to see Jeudy, Fant, Hamler, and Sutton in a high volume offense with Jameis. 

For sure, the highest ceiling - but OMG, such a low floor.   His talent to make plays is undeniable - he's got this really weird flaw in that he can't see underneath coverage at all.   That accounts for 2/3 of his picks, the other 1/3 are usually when he's trying to make hero plays in desperate comeback situations.  You can live with 8-10 TO's in the latter category - you can't live with the 15-20 failed underneath coverage reads.   Time to see if LASIK surgery helped any of that now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

On quick glance it doesn't seem like it. We definitely have a need at DE. Jones seems to be a pass rushing specialist, and Agim hasn't played enough to say whether he'll be a factor or not. 

I worry about Jones as a fit in our Defense. I think his best chance in the NFL is as a 4-3 DE that can come inside on 3rd and long, similar to Everson Griffen who has a very similar build.

He definitely isn't a 3 down player in a 3-4 Defense. He lacks girth and just can't handle those big double teams inside, and you have less space inside to maneuver so you have to have a base level strength that I just don't know if he has. 

By the time he gets to 3rd down after playing the first 2 downs, he's nowhere near as effective. Playing against Tackles on 1st and 2nd down isn't as punishing as what he's doing right now against those double teams.

We 100% need a dominating 3 down interior Defensive Lineman. Outside of QB, it's our biggest need in my opinion. 

Edited by lomaxgrUK
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...