Winner winner chicken dinner  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Browns
    • The football team
    • Horny
    • Nobody

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

I really do you think Dallas on the road next week is our barometer game. They are not elite but they are legitimate. I think we know what we played the last two weeks, and we still remember what happened against Baltimore. What we see next week should confirm in our minds what our team is this year. 

We'll have to score 40+ unless something unexpected happens. No way will Dak gift us what Haskins did nor will their line get shredded like the Bengals line was (they still scored 30).

I'd play Dak in fantasy if you have him.

Zeke... of course but if we stop him early they will probably take the path of least resistance unless they try killing the clock.

8 hours ago, Onizuka said:

Yeah, other concerning thing is he panics almost immediately once he sees something and tries to scramble out, which he has had success at times but still not a good look. Not sure what happened as I felt his rookie season, he had a lot better pocket awareness. 

I have a pretty good idea because I can remember thinking this could happen as I watched it unfold. 2019 Week 1 Tennessee Titans 5 sacks, 7 hits, 3 picks. 

Baker got his *** whooped that whole game, especially when he tried to stand in the pocket and deliver pressured passes. He's had happy feet ever since. His rookie year he controlled and climbed the pocket like a vet. That and his accuracy is what made me believe he'd be a stud even that early. The max protects, the good run mixes with multiple tight ends, and the faster passing concepts only boosted that confidence.

Then his sophomore year arrives, week one, he's put through a meat grinder of bad offensive tackles, 5 and 6 man protections combined with long down field passing concepts, and inconsistent run calls. He's hit hard, learns fast he can't trust his line, and has to run around while also trying to force feed the newly added "best" WR in the league. So even when he succeeded, if that success wasn't in the form of completions to OBJ, he actually failed. 

Baker has to learn to trust his protections, his linemen's ability to protect, and that the playcaller is going to take care of him and not lead him to the slaughter.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

We'll have to score 40+ unless something unexpected happens. No way will Dak gift us what Haskins did nor will their line get shredded like the Bengals line was (they still scored 30).

I'd play Dak in fantasy if you have him.

Zeke... of course but if we stop him early they will probably take the path of least resistance unless they try killing the clock.

I think most of us are aware that our defense is going to be pretty shaky this season.

I can honestly stomach a 45-35 type of loss next week if that’s what happens. There aren’t very many long termers on this defense right now. We know that. If we can somehow scrounge out a win by making enough stops, great. I think we will have reason to be optimistic though if we continue to see a balanced offense, we take care of the ball, and are right in it. What I don’t want to see is regression and getting away from the current game plan we are going with, even if we fall behind a score or two.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I really do you think Dallas on the road next week is our barometer game. They are not elite but they are legitimate. I think we know what we played the last two weeks, and we still remember what happened against Baltimore. What we see next week should confirm in our minds what our team is this year. 

Agreed, but I think we’re gonna need all hands on deck defensively to have a chance.

Greedy and OV need to do some extra pt or something, but we’re gonna need them. Mack too would be great.

18 hours ago, bruceb said:

I saw nothing but green space in front of Hunt, which he could have eaten up if the pass led him or even was at him instead of to the sideline.

You know Hunt admitted in his presser that on the play that he ran screwed up the route? He basically said he went to the wheel Route way to quickly and didn’t finish running his route in the flat. So the moment baker felt the pressure he put the ball where Hunt was suppose to be. So if hunt runs the route in the flat and maybe settles baker hits him And he can turn up field and run. 

Edited by buno67
  • Like 3