The Vikings could end up with the #1 pick

Uncle Buck

6 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

If he takes the first option of waiting a year to avoid them, and they end up with the top pick two years in a row, he could very well end up pulling an Eli and refuse to play there.  I don't think he would do either of the two options, but I guess it's possible.

Most players dont do that.

And if he did, the Jets would likely end up with one of the biggest draft hauls ever given the hype around Lawrence....even if they only traded down a spot or 2.

The Jets dont have nearly the bad reputation of some other teams.    Get a good coaching staff and bring in some FAs like Juju Smith Schuster and defensive talent, and the Jets become a very promising team.   Only way Id see Lawrence refusing to go there is if they retained Gase.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

the 2020 jets are the worst team i've ever seen in the NFL, ever. Including the 0-16 Lions and Browns, and 1-15 Dolphins.

This team absolutely has what it takes to go 0-16.

Talent wise, the only team that compares is the 2002 expansion Texans - that team was brand new, literally working with every other teams' trash and David Carr.

This Jets team actually tried and ended up with this...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Well, so much for the "Trevor Tank."  It looks like the dream is dead barring a "Herschelesque" trade, which they would probably never do.  Sigh.
giphy.gif

Justin Fields and Trey Lance are both excellent parting gifts...

On 9/21/2020 at 1:18 PM, Uncle Buck said:

I never thought it would be possible, but looking at their schedule and the way they have been playing makes me think this team may actually be bad enough to go winless or close to it this season.  They have been bad on both sides of the ball.  Here is what we have to look forward to on our schedule the rest of the way: 

Week 1:  Green Bay Packers  -  Lost
Week 2:  Indianapolis Colts  -  Lost

Week 3:  Tennessee Titans
Week 4:  @ Houston Texans
Week 5:  @ Seattle Seahawks   (Sunday Night)
Week 6:  Atlanta Falcons
Week 7:  Bye
Week 8:  @ Green Bay Packers
Week 9:  Detroit Lions
Week 10:  @ Chicago Bears
Week 11:  Dallas Cowboys
Week 12:  Carolina Panthers
Week 13:  Jacksonville Jaguars
Week 14:  @ Tampa Bay Bucaneers
Week 15:  Chicago Bears
Week 16:  @ New Orleans Saints
Week 17:  @ Detroit Lions

The only games I would give us a shot at winning would be either of the Lions games or possibly Carolina or Jacksonville.  The rest of them should be losses - at least the way they looked in Weeks 1 & 2.  I know it is early, and teams do get better as the season goes on, but it's not looking good, unless we want to get Trevor Lawrence, which I wouldn't mind at all. 

Not when ya’ll let Cook do that to our defense like they ain’t got family watching at home you won’t. 

• Like 1